intmoves
WF-channel: no sub-menus for anon-users
  • 2004/12/13 23:17

• intmoves

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/21

This completely puzzles me:

Installed the WF-channel module without any problems. Added some pages, still all ok. Set all pages to show as submenu. Now the problem: the submenus show when I'm logged in, but they don't show for anon-users. However (as I have set the proper access rights in both groups and the module itself) the main menu-item for WF-channel does show for anon-users AND can be accessed. Furthermore, when I set the pages to add a link to the frontpage, anon-users CAN access the pages through these links. Also, when I activate the 'link to us' page, it DOES show up as a submenu for anon-users (so it's the only visible submenu entry in this case).

I'm running this installation on my development setup: WinXP Home, IB-server (apache, mysql, php), using Firefox.

This problem is close to being a showstopper for me as I'm currently developing a new site for my personal company and I need WF-channel's functionality. The only other module I've seen so far that could replace it is Enterprise-X but I don't really like how it's running like a mini-website inside the main site.

Any help is welcome, as wel as suggestions for replacement modules

Bender
Re: WF-channel: no sub-menus for anon-users
  • 2004/12/14 1:06

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Well i just redownloaded wf-channel from our website and installed it on a test setup.

- installed the module
- set XOOPS group permissions for anonymous for this module
- created a page and selected it to be shown in the menu
- went into "Module permissions" ... set permissions for anonymous

voila ... works as it should. Could you please doublecheck that within the module administration permissions are set correctly?

intmoves
  • 2004/12/14 7:15

• intmoves

• Just popping in

I rechecked the settings and all is as needed. In group permissions I have set anonimous to have access to the module and in the module permissions I have set all groups to have access to all pages.

I did some more testing and set denied access to one page for anonimous (thinking that switching it off and later back on might 'revive' some setting). Even when I set anonimous NOT to have access to that page, I can still access it as anonimous through the 'frontpage' link (when shown).

So it seems that the access-settings inside the module itself are not working correctly.

I'm running WF-channel version 1. Is there maybe a newer version ?

intmoves
  • 2004/12/14 7:30

• intmoves

• Just popping in

Quote:
I'm running WF-channel version 1. Is there maybe a newer version ?

OK, I found version 1.06 on the WF-projects website, installed it and all my problems went away

I got the version 1 from the xoops.org website, maybe you guys need to update the downloads there as well

Thanks for your support.

monde
  • 2004/12/14 8:38

• monde

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/15

The same problem made me stop using WF-Channel and start using TinyContent.

The WF-Channel people should post the new version of their module here - the working one that you found on their web site - so that other people don't get discouraged.

- sid

Login

Who's Online

226 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 226

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits