slsmayville
Blank Index Page after "Successful" Installation
  • 2004/12/1 16:26

• slsmayville

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/1

I just installed XOOPS for the very first time. It seemed to go well. But after the installation, when I went to the index.php page, I am getting a white screen of death. Nothing!

I use Mozilla, but also tried viewing it with IE and still the same thing.

Any thoughts? I even tried highlighting to see if there was hidden text...nothing.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

irmtfan
Re: Blank Index Page after "Successful" Installation
  • 2004/12/1 16:52

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

usehttp://yoursite.com/user.php for login
then if you could login in site usehttp://yoursite.com/admin.php and turn php debug on
also look at this:
http://wiki.xoops.org/wakka.php?wakka=TroubleshootingBlankPage

Asamion
  • 2004/12/1 16:59

• Asamion

• Just popping in

I'm having the same problem. I have wamp5 version 1.4.2 setup as my server.

I'm running Windows XP - SP2 - completely patched up.

I've tried the setup from both IE and Firefox and receive the same effect.

I get to the screen where you "confirm database settings" and then press "next" according to the documentation. And nothing happens - I just end up with a white screen in my browser.

I even tried creating a separate database to see if it would make a different. Nothing.

Art.....

Asamion
  • 2004/12/1 17:05

• Asamion

• Just popping in

Same thing occurs with the beta install too.

Art....

slsmayville
  • 2004/12/1 23:27

• slsmayville

• Just popping in

Hi again...

After reading the very informative page athttp://wiki.xoops.org/wakka.php?wakka=TroubleshootingBlankPage I was able to turn on the debugging thingy and saw a PAGE FULL of errors. After perusing that info page some more, I was able to get rid of ALL of the errors (thanks to proper chmod'iing) except for two:

Notice: Undefined variable: debug in /home/blahblah/public_html/include/common.php on line 49

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/blahblah/public_html/include/common.php:49) in /home/blahblah/public_html/index.php on line 34

and now I think I'm quite stuck. Any help you can give will be SO appreciated. Thank you!

Stacey

valentin
  • 2004/12/2 10:15

• valentin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/2

Hi xoopsers,

not sure if that counts to the smae topic. I did download the English/japanese edition from www.xoopscube.jp. The installation will actually do most steps but will not create any single table in the database.

This means this time the installation ends for me even before the "Successfull Installation message ".

Best regards

Nils Valentin
Tokyo / Japan
http://www.be-known-online.com

Asamion
  • 2004/12/2 12:57

• Asamion

• Just popping in

I'm with ya Nils - not a single table gets created in my DB too. I did turn on the PHP error logging and never receive an error message.

Art.

ackbarr

Asamion - sounds like you are using php without the MySQL libraries installed. On windows, this is as simple as modifying the php.ini script to enable the MySQL extension and restarting php/apache, on unix this means either recompiling with the configure line -with-mysql or installing the php-mysql package from your vendor.

Anonymous
  • 2004/12/2 15:51

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hi all,
i have same problem and i can't enter to /user.php it's blank too, but i change debug mode to 1 then this errors appared :

Warning [Xoops]: Smarty errorproblem writing temporary file '/home/britishs/public_html/templates_c/41af3c35e7f38' in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1042
Warning 
[PHP]: touch(): Unable to create file /home/britishs/public_html/templates_c/Zaja_Color^theme.html because Permission denied in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1575
Warning 
[PHP]: fetch(/home/britishs/public_html/templates_c/Zaja_Color^theme.html): failed to open streamNo such file or directory in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1158
Warning 
[PHP]: fetch(): Failed opening '/home/britishs/public_html/templates_c/Zaja_Color^theme.html' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php'in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1158

DonXoop

And that is why we ask to turn on debug at these time.. The answer is right there.

You have to make /tempates_c and /cache and /uploads writable by the webserver. 777 in Unix or set the owner to the web server user. In Windoze it is something else but it must be writable.

Login

Who's Online

144 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 144

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits