rossweb
members list db transfer
  • 2004/11/30 19:19

• rossweb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/30

Here's another for you guys 'n gals - I'm changing from postnuke to XOOPS and have manually transfered all my users from the pn database to the XOOPS one. All users show in my list of users with all the correct details, but whenever a user goes to log in they get the "thanks for looging in" page and the front page comes up with only the header - no menus, nothing! However, if I add the user using the same details through the "add user", it all works! Have I missed something in the user db? is there a flag somewhere that shows if a user has been entered through the site?

ackbarr
Re: members list db transfer

check to see if your manually added users are in the registered users group (System -> Groups; Click on 'Edit' next to Registered Users)

rossweb
  • 2004/12/1 9:27

• rossweb

• Just popping in

No, they don't appear, only the ones I added through the "add user" page are there. Any idea on where to go from here please.

PS to list admin - This thread seems to be duplicated, can the replies be combined?

mikeh
  • 2004/12/1 11:12

• mikeh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/1/18

There is another table that needs to be populated
xoops_groups_users_link

this determeines what group the users are in
hope helps

rossweb
  • 2004/12/1 11:28

• rossweb

• Just popping in

Mikeh - spot on! I made a csv file in excel with "linkid" increasing by 1, "groupid" = 2 (members), and "uid" = members uid from "xoops_users", trimmed out the excess commas put in by excel, ran it in the db and Bingo, all users appeared in the "groups > users" at the bottom.
Many thanks for your help guys.

ajaxbr
  • 2004/12/1 11:32

• ajaxbr

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/25

Hi rossweb, welcome to XOOPS

Can you explain how did you transfer the users, so we have more clues on how to help?

Perhaps this thread can be of some help.

Good luck!

edit: haha, you've sorted it out already
Good work!

rossweb
  • 2004/12/1 11:54

• rossweb

• Just popping in

Hi ajaxbr, thanks, interesting thread, I dumped my pn users and XOOPS users tables as excel csv files, loaded both into excel, cut and pasted the pn data into the XOOPS file under the relevant heading, padded out the missing data in the XOOPS file with copies of what was under the heading, saved as "xoops.csv". Opened that file in "crimson editor" and trimmed out the excess ","s put in by excel and ran it in my XOOPS db.
This might help someone else (if they can understand it )

ajaxbr
  • 2004/12/1 11:58

• ajaxbr

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/25

That's the best PN to XOOPS user transfer how-to I've ever seen! It's also the only one, but still pretty good

rossweb
  • 2004/12/1 12:23

• rossweb

• Just popping in

A "silver surfer" thanks you for the compliment sir.

Login

Who's Online

161 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 161

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits