csteneroden
Do Multiple News sections/instances require custom module?
  • 2004/11/22 2:08

• csteneroden

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/1

Do I need to use a special module to have multiple news instances or "sections" - i.e., I would like a NEWS tab on the main menu, and underneath it "sports" "politics" and so forth. Is there a good news module that can do this?

I thank experienced users in advance for their help. Module documentation, I find, is poor, generally speaking - so it is hard to tell what certain modules can really do unless you ask someone.

DobePhat
Re: Do Multiple News sections/instances require custom module?
  • 2004/11/22 3:48

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/15

In general it requires a custom block...

THis whole process, however has been made simpler thanks to lykos blocks (I believe current version is just topic blocks!)

Here is the current version:
About the Topic Blocks

What this mod does is allow you to choose the latestest links from various topic areas in your NEWS section.

Wf sections I believe offers a variety of blocks as well.

Enjoy!

rowdie
Re: Do Multiple News sections/instances require custom module?
  • 2004/11/22 7:08

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

You can use the latest news module, version 1.2.1. With that module you can make different categories for sport, politics etc and publish your news to each category.

The best menu option that I'd suggest would be MultiMenu 1.5 You can assign a different link for each category so they all appear under each other in the menu. Install it and try it out to see what I mean

Rowd

Login

Who's Online

356 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 356

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits