Azurael
  • 2004/11/19 22:52

• Azurael

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/12

I have avatar upload enabled, browsing for a file to upload and pressing submit on the 'Avatar Upload' page just results in a blank page with the outside blocks and header and footer.... Upon going back to the avatar page, the uploaded avatar is not selectable but the files do get uploaded to the uploads/avatars directory. No errors show up on said blank page with php debug enabled.

All permissions are set correctly and I've tried clearing the cache and templates_c directory. Does anybody know what could be going wrong?

ackbarr
Re: Avatars broken?

Ok - let's start by getting some background information.

What version of XOOPS is your site using? (any custom patches)? Running a module that replaces / modifies the XOOPS user scripts (like IPB, maybe PHPBB)?
Version of PHP?
What type of Web Server Software (IIS, Apache)? Ver?

What are current values for the following settings (in System -> Preferences -> User Settings):

Avatar image max filesize (byte)

What type of file are you uploading (gif, jpg)?
Is it within the settings from above?

Try turning on MySQL debugging and try the operation again. Does a window popup? In that popup window, are any of the queries displayed in red?

Azurael
  • 2004/11/24 16:28

• Azurael

• Just popping in

Running XOOPS 2.0.7.3 + Koudanshi's phpBB module. Webserver is a standard (as far as I can see) Ensim install with Apache 1.3.22, PHP 4.2.2 & MySQL 3.23.58

I have max size set to 100x100, 32768 bytes, does the same for .jpg and .gif files.

I don't get any popups or debug info on the page following upload with PHP Debug enabled.

Azurael
  • 2004/11/26 19:54

• Azurael

• Just popping in

bump... It's getting kinda annoying now

Any ideas?

Sorry!

Azurael
  • 2005/1/14 14:27

• Azurael

• Just popping in

I've since moved to a different webserver, reinstalled the newest version XOOPS and started off with newBB 2 (took me ages to move the forums, posts & topic in the database whie maintaining poster information, etc) instead of phpBB (i.e. no modded core files anymore) and still have the issue, so it must be something in the database. Any ideas?

New users can't use uploaded avatars either, so it's not just the users I moved in from the original phpBB/ezPortal system, or those who have registered since I've been running xoops.

Login

Who's Online

417 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 417

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits