ladysham
NewBB Help - Private Forum
  • 2004/11/15 7:44

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/11/11

I am using NewBB version 2 (2.0) RC3 - the latest stable release. I wanted to set up a private forum that only certain users could use.

1. First, I set up a forum category and then a forum topic.

2. I assigned it to the users "webmasters" and a new category of user just for that forum.

3. I added myself and one other person to that new user category for the moment. This other person will be a moderator. Before I did this step - I could see the private forum list. Now I can't.

I also don't see any way to post to the special forum I set up. There's no "new topic" button available.

What am I missing here? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for the assistance!

Kelly Ling

atlaseuro
Re: NewBB Help - Private Forum
  • 2004/11/17 12:42

• atlaseuro

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/4

Hello,

Quote:

I also don't see any way to post to the special forum I set up. There's no "new topic" button available.

I have exactly the same problem.....

If you found a solution please give me an answer,

Thank's

John

Anonymous
  • 2004/11/17 12:54

• Anonymous

• Since:

You have to set the Global access for the category, than for the forum and than the fine permissions at the bottom of the forum form, that`s all.

atlaseuro
  • 2004/11/17 13:20

• atlaseuro

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/4

Thank's for your answer Predator,

Quote:

Predator wrote:
You have to set the Global access for the category, than for the forum and than the fine permissions at the bottom of the forum form, that`s all.

1. You have to set the Global access for the category : DONE
2. than for the forum : DONE
3. and than the fine permissions at the bottom of the forum form : DONE

But nothing change !

a. I did a new installation....
b. Always the same problem in the admin interface with an instable table when I edit the forum in the CATEGORIES window
(the editing categorie goes on the right... like a broken page, but it seems to work fine )
c. a corrrigible problem more that I can manage in time, is the french translation whitch is so bad, so incomprehensible, so inexact compare with the original english one... I am a good traductor english to french, I will give my job after I did it.

But at this time this module very sophisticated dont permit to see the forums in the categories on the index page of the module.

Yes it is OK if I put the link of the forum in a block, but the result is very unpleasant...

What can I do more ?

Thank's for any idee,

john

Login

Who's Online

220 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 220

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits