rocket98
Ebay Auction Live Feeds
  • 2004/11/6 22:37

• rocket98

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/2 2

Now that Ebay is allowing (PAID) developers the opportunity to pull auction information for www sites. I found some PHP code was FREE, No Warranty, GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE, etc, etc. There's probably something better out there this is what I have found.

To use code web sites must become a CJ affiliate then use that ID code to identify your site with Ebay for clicks. This script pulls LIVE auction listings into your web site.

A click-thru takes your end user back to eBay where a commission can be earned through signups, new listings, buyers, sellers, etc, etc. Using CJ and this eBay code you can possibly earn some spare cash from your users.

Anyway, I wrapped it into 2 of my sites... since I don't care to much for programming this is the best way for me to use it. I tried this with Tinycontent DPL, but found it much faster just doing a simple page wrap since code will go out and pull eBay live info.

There is not allot of code to this script a few variables, a call to eBay, and a style sheet to get it all done.

If you are interested in developing this, here is my wrapped example:

Live Auctions Found Here

If you do this up as a module there are numerous other categories not listed in this code. The developer sells a commercial verion of this which includes mostly all sub cats found on ebay, plus a few other options for $40USD not sure if that version is also GNU.

I've also loaded the zip of this code onto the same site for you to d/l if you like. All info for original dev is found in zip and in d/l area. This is not my wrapped version these are the developers files.

Don't use someone elses CJ affiliat elink to create your own account. Create your own CJ (Commission Junction) account which is free.

Have fun

Regards,
rocket98

Login

Who's Online

169 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 169

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits