3d-hub
MyTutorials won't delete!!!!!!
  • 2004/11/4 2:18

• 3d-hub

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/4

AAARHGG!
I have been trying to use myTutorials and installed it, after it didn't work, I tried to uninstall it (Stupid me, stupid me ). Now I am trying to install V 2.1 and when I click "Install" it gives me this error:
 Table 'xoops_tutorials_votedata' already exists

Unable to install tutorials. Error(s):

Please help!!!
thanks-

p.s.-

What does this mean? Can anyone explain?
2. chmod modules/tutorials, modules/tutorials/cache and modules/tutorials/images to 777

(from the install.txt file that comes with MyTutorials)

ajuden
Re: MyTutorials won't delete!!!!!!
  • 2004/11/4 4:37

• ajuden

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/17

To answer #1...

You need to go into your database and remove the table that is named xoops_tutorials_votedata. It's not letting you install the new version because the installer thinks that there is already a version other than the one you are installing. The removal of the original module must have forgotten to include the specified table for deletion. So try deleting the table, then try to install the new module.

#2...
CHMOD is a command in the unix/linux platform that modifies the permissions of a file. All the person is trying to say is to change the permissions to full control on the file.
Here is a link that I found about CHMOD
chmod Documentation

3d-hub
  • 2004/11/4 13:24

• 3d-hub

• Just popping in

Thanks a ton!
I still don't know how to modify my MySQL database, can anyone tell? am I just being silly?
THanks

ajuden
  • 2004/11/4 13:57

• ajuden

• Just popping in

Do you have access to phpMyAdmin on your server?

Okay, do you remember the location that you actually setup your database for XOOPS at?....go there.

Next, choose your XOOPS database.

Then, you will need to click on the link to the table and there is most likely a button that you can press to Drop Table, this will delete the table outright.

Good luck!

3d-hub
  • 2004/11/4 14:07

• 3d-hub

• Just popping in

Ok...
I feel stupid, sorry.
First of all, how am I supposed to be accessing this? through my browser or through my ftp?
And I can't find any file called phpMyAdmin! is it supposed to be a file? And is there a mail database for XOOPS or something? GAAA! Sorry!

XOOPS is installed on the root directory.
Thanks

JasonMR
  • 2004/11/4 14:17

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

phpMyAdmin is a piece of software that serves as a user interface to your MySQL database.

You can download the module from this site.

Once installed, click on the icon in the admin section. This will take you directly to the database you are using for your installation.

Now look into the left frame.

You should see at the top BACK TO XOOPS, followed by the logo, then home, and then the name of your database -> click the name.

Now the right frame should display a more detailed list, of the you see to the left.

Tick the box of the "xoops_tutorials_votedata" table, go to the bottom of that table, and select from the drop down menu "DROP".

....difficult to describe...hope this helps...

ajuden
  • 2004/11/4 14:21

• ajuden

• Just popping in

Is your XOOPS site hosted by someone, or is it something that you have setup on a server of yours?

phpMyAdmin is a MySQL database tool that is usually installed under CPanel for users of websites. Most web hosts supply a CPanel page for theirs users. If you go to your CPanel site (if you have Cpanel), then you want to click on the MySQL Databases link. At the very bottom of the page that comes up, you will see a small link for phpMyAdmin. Once you are in phpMyAdmin, follow the directions from my last post.

If you don't have phpMyAdmin, then you may want to download a MySQL Control Center. Using this tool, you will need to setup a new host. For the host information, you should have the password and everything that you used when setting up your XOOPS database. Use that information.

Once you have your host setup with MySQL Control Center, then you will want to open the database, and right click on the table that we have been discussing, and click Drop Table.

3d-hub
  • 2004/11/4 20:45

• 3d-hub

• Just popping in

Thank you all!!
I will try this stuff and hopefully it will fix the problem!
Thanks a ton again!!

Login

Who's Online

207 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 207

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits