sdmacint
Moved to new server - System module not working properly
  • 2004/11/1 13:46

• sdmacint

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/9

Hi Gang,

I recently moved my XOOPS site to a new server. I migrated the files then imported the database. It all appears to have worked properly except for the system module.

When I visit the Preferences section of the XOOPS module, not all of the fields are displaying correctly. Several of them are supposed to be drop down menus but they're not. This image is from the General Preferences section. As you can see, the fields are text fields, not drop down fields.
Resized Image

Resized Image

However, some of the menus ARE drop down and working properly. The same thing is happening from the User Preferences menu:

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this?

Sean

DonXoop
Re: Moved to new server - System module not working properly

If you haven't already you should clear/empty the contents of the /cache and /templates_c directories. If that doesn't do it then System/Modules/Update the System module.

sdmacint
Re: Moved to new server - System module not working properly
  • 2004/11/1 14:01

• sdmacint

• Just popping in

Sorry, I should have posted what I've already tried. So far, I have:

- Emptied the Cache and Templates_c directories
- Checked the default template (which is what I'm using) and it appears fine.
- Updated the System module

Thanks for the suggestions, they were the first thing I tried when I saw the problem. Any other suggestions?

Sean

ackbarr
Re:Moved to new server - System module not working properly

check & and repair any problems with the xoops_config* tables using phpmyadmin or MySQL control panel. If unsure how to do so, check with your host.

sdmacint
  • 2004/11/4 14:17

• sdmacint

• Just popping in

Quote:

ackbarr wrote:
check & and repair any problems with the xoops_config* tables using phpmyadmin or MySQL control panel. If unsure how to do so, check with your host.

Hmmm, I do have access to phpmyadmin on the site but I"m not sure what to look for. I have compared the table structure to the old copy (which works fine) but don't see any differences. Any suggestions on what to look for?

Sean

ackbarr

from the database table list, click on the checkmark next to all the tables that are used for storing config settings:

<prefix>_config
<prefix>_configcategory
<prefix>_configoption

Then at the bottom of the table list choose "Check Table" from the drop down. If any tables have errors go back to the table list, select those tables and choose "Repair Table"

sdmacint
  • 2004/11/4 18:16

• sdmacint

• Just popping in

Quote:

ackbarr wrote:
from the database table list, click on the checkmark next to all the tables that are used for storing config settings:

<prefix>_config
<prefix>_configcategory
<prefix>_configoption

Then at the bottom of the table list choose "Check Table" from the drop down. If any tables have errors go back to the table list, select those tables and choose "Repair Table"

Ok, tried that. They all come back as OK. Any other suggestions friends?

Sean

sdmacint
  • 2005/11/18 17:49

• sdmacint

• Just popping in

I'm still having this issue. I have since upgraded to XOOPS version 2.0.13 and I'm still missing the drop down menus in the grapics above. Any other suggestions out there?

Sean
http://freemasonry.pe.ca

Login

Who's Online

251 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 251

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits