libervis
Customizeable, multiuser blogging system
  • 2004/10/17 15:15

• libervis

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/4 1

Hello..

I searched all over xoops.org for this and i am aware about these:

weBlog - currently using it but it's a dead project and lacks more customization options

popnup blog - looks nice, i am just testing it on my site, but same as weblog it doesn't has much customization options and i don't like the oneline comments system.

wordpress - looks impressive but it doesn't seems to be even multiuser

SimpleBlog - haven't tried it yet, but i am not sure if it is even multiuser, but if you know something feel free to tell.

News module used as blog - well, it could be an option if anything else fails..

Well, now, what i want to do is enable my bloggers (so it has to be multiuser) to customize their own blogs, like change colors at least and to also be able to easily upload images and make them format as they want (so they can wrap the image into text if they want). Also, it would be great if they could be able to specify or upload the image they want to be displayed at the each entry, instead of their avatar. All in all, it could almost be like they have their own pages wrapped into my site for which they can customize the look and feel, only doing it by using the blogging interface.

Now, is there any way to do this using existing modules and how, any useful hacks? Or is there maybe a way to allow them to change the XOOPS theme but applying not only to them, but to every user that visits that blog, but not applying to the whole site, but only to that specific blog?

And is there any new blogs module i still don't know about?

Thank you very much
Daniel

JackJ
Re:Customizeable, multiuser blogging system
  • 2004/10/17 16:55

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

No, but a project like this is in the pipeline

See this post Here

Project

http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/project/?xuhp

Perhaps you need a standalone blog system for all the features you require.

libervis
  • 2004/10/17 17:05

• libervis

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks.. using standalone system crossed my mind, but then i would need some kind of integration between it and xoops. Bloggers would not be every member of the site, just the ones that submit for it so i make them a blogger, so this is not the main reason for the integration. The reason is that they don't have to update their avatars and settings twice ..

There should be some integration between the main site and the blogging system.

Does anyone has any recommendations?

Thank you
Daniel

libervis
  • 2004/10/17 17:30

• libervis

• Not too shy to talk

I like b2evolution if i'd go with standalone.

Does anyone knows if it is possible and how to connect b2evolution and XOOPS so that when i make somebody a blogger he can log in just once and be logged on to b2evolution at the same time.. Maybe there's some script that makes it possible by importing the same user into both XOOPS and b2evolution databases and makes it possible that the blogger logs in to both by using just one log in form (in xoops).

As it is, i would only be able to have it as a separate site, but linked to from each other and feeding the XOOPS homepage with b2evolution RSS..

Thanks
Daniel

libervis
  • 2004/10/17 22:04

• libervis

• Not too shy to talk

Okay.. now i have a concrete question..

Is it possible and if it is, how do i make that when an user registers at xoops, it's same information is entered in both evo_users and xoops_users database and so when they log in they log in to both b2evolution and xoops.

I am willing to learn and do the work myself if i only know how as i don't have much advanced php and MySQL experience to just do this little integration myself. What i am looking for is not full integration, but just enough so that users don't have to register and log in twice to be able to use blogs.

So, if anyone with more MySQL experience is willing to help find a solution here, i'd be happy to do the needed workload and we'll release the solution to the community of course.

Now, anyone??? Wouldn't i be great to succeed in integrating b2evolution and XOOPS this way? I am sure many other people will use it then, until we get a full-fledged multiuser customizeable blog module for xoops.

Thank you
Daniel

Login

Who's Online

223 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 223

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits