rafa_mach
Wordbook error
  • 2004/10/16 3:04

• rafa_mach

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/19

Does anyone know why there's an error when the user clicks directly on the letters or category?

First of all, my website ishttp://TranslatedLyrics.com and I've only added two terms to WordBook to check how it works. It's a wonderful module, which I'm using to have an alphabetical list of artists.

Every time you click on the link under "Recent Entries", "Popular Entries" or "Random Term", it works just fine. But whenever you click on a sorting link, that is, on the individual letters of the alphabet or in the categories, the correspondent links appear, but below them there's a message:

<forbiddenbforbidden><forbiddeniforbidden>

I know that this text has something to do with the description of each entrie, but I would like to know if there's anything I can do to correct it...

For an example, check this out:
http://translatedlyrics.com/modules/wordbook/letter.php?init=J

Thanks in advance!

hsalazar
Re: Wordbook error
  • 2004/10/16 5:54

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

rafa_mach:

this is caused by code put there to avoid HTML in the definition. I haven't really had time to finish cleaning the code, but I promise to make an extra effort and upload a much improved version of WB.

Cheers.

rafa_mach
Re: Wordbook error
  • 2004/10/16 18:40

• rafa_mach

• Just popping in

Hey, Salazar!

Thanks for the prompt answer and thanks again for the great work with Wordbook.

As I've noticed, some modules accept the code this way:

BlaBlaBla

And others accept the clean html:

<a href="http://blablabla.com">BlaBlaBla</a>

I've tried the first format on Workbook and it didn't seem to work. That's why I'm using the clean html to have links and font style for my entries.

I'll wait suggestions or the updated version of the module.

Thanks and have a great day!

gravies
Re:Wordbook error
  • 2004/11/3 15:10

• gravies

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/8/18

Wordbook is a superb module and getting that HTML to work would be great. Instead of starting a new topic here are some of my observations... sorry if they are repeated elsewhere.

When you have an apostrophie in the term it causes problems. When you click to edit the term the stuff after the ' is lost.

On the entry.php page the Definition is sometimes missing, even though the term and Reference are ok. I found this is due to the linking. If this is switched off the definition reappears.

If a user requests a definition and you define it but alter the capitalization - it is not recognized.

When you go to All categories it would be nice to see everything... not just the categories again.

In Safari the 3rd block (Random Term) is broken. You can fix it by setting class to float30.

Access to cvs would be nice.

Integration with the core would be fantastic - ie. define terms in news module (on your todo I know and would probably introduce heavy load).

Thanks for this great module

rafa_mach
Re:Wordbook error
  • 2005/3/27 0:48

• rafa_mach

• Just popping in

I've fixed the html code error on WordBook, at least for my objectives. All I did was go into the TEMPLATE SET MANAGER, click on LIST next to where's written WordBook (or whatever name you changed it to) and edited the files wb_category.html and wb_letter.html. In the area $pagetype == '1', I've removed the line that concern the DEFINITION. It's just one line coming after <h4> and before <br/> (I left the latter in order to have some spacing between the definitions). VoilĂ , now the <forbidenforbidenforbidenforbiden> error is gone and it looks like this:http://translatedlyrics.com/modules/wordbook/category.php?categoryID=2

Login

Who's Online

225 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 225

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits