stuie200
New website review please guys
  • 2004/10/12 11:12

• stuie200

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/1/4 2

Hi to all,

please can you call into my new website which has a lot of extra modules installed and let me know your feeling.

Please tell me good as well as bad.

Thank you for your time

Stuart

Traction Time

peterpatrol
Re:New website review please guys

Stuart
I had a look the other day and really liked it. It is clean and attractive
Noted in your webrings that I came up with a 404 error for"random"
If you want I have a similiar help guide for norton 2004 that you can copy in my Help section, to go with your 2003
cheers
peter

stuie200
Re:New website review please guys
  • 2004/10/12 12:09

• stuie200

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:

If you want I have a similiar help guide for norton 2004 that you can copy in my Help section, to go with your 2003
cheers
peter

Many thanks for that Pete and ill take you up on your offer to copy the Norton info .

JasonMR
Re: New website review please guys
  • 2004/10/12 12:12

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

Hi Steve!

Thank you for introducing me to such a fascinating topic. As a technology enthusiast, also past engineering efforts ensure my captivation.

The theme you are using looks great and is well balanced. Could you also place a link to home around the image tag, so that both logos link there (not a big thing, but prevents users like me, who go for logos more than a web site title, from having to move across the whole screen, just to get were they thought they were - as the home link below is not obvious, and seems as if its just a heading).

Another idea would be, to place your login fields (or a login link, though I prefer not to link, just adding unneccessary step) under the Traction Time writing logo (the currently linked one). Already now is the view of the user attrackted to the right, via the red background boxes, and the lightness of the left sidebar.

This would also free up space in your left sidebar, allowing the main menu to slide up, and become more accessible (no need to use the scroll bar, to access main menu points).

Further I find your welcome message a little opressive (from its impression, not content). When you have first time visitors, don't you want to captivate them with the amazing constructions? My advice would be, shorten it, and place it a little less obtrusive. And have a nice big image, or a nice selction (as found stuck at the bottom) of images be the first thing to greet your site viewers.

Overall you have done an excellent job! <pattingOnTheBack>Well done!</pattingOnTheBack> Nice module selection, and well put together.

May I point you to our Credits Module?! I believe this would make a nice addition to your site. If you don't want it to appear in the mainmenu, just disable, and place a link in the footer of your theme files.

Hope you find my reply helpfull, and give our module a try.

Sincerely
Jason M Roehrig

stuie200
  • 2004/10/12 12:34

• stuie200

• Friend of XOOPS

Nice one Jason and thanks for the positive feedback

I will try to implent some of your suggestions this evening as what you are suggesting does sound very true.

Regards

stuart

stuie200
  • 2004/12/17 21:38

• stuie200

• Friend of XOOPS

Well, I've made a lot of changes since the first request for a review of my new site so I'm asking again for some more feedback on my site.

Positive or negative feedback is welcome so please leave a comment so I can improve it some more.

The site can be found here

Regards

Stuart

Login

Who's Online

252 user(s) are online (166 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 252

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits