domineaux
Invision Boards changes to Payware
  • 2004/9/27 19:09

• domineaux

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/29

Quote:

Some of the most important changes include sweeping changes to the customer service process. The Company has introduced live chat support for its customers, more efficient telephone support, and posted expected response times in the support desk. The downloadable free trial of Invision Power Board has been removed and replaced with a free, 15 day demo hosted account to try out the software. This change will allow the Company to focus its complete attention on product development and customer needs.

CLICK TO READ THE NEW INVISION BOARDS POLICY

jmass
Re: Invision Boards changes to Payware
  • 2004/9/27 21:10

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/18

Glad I am running NewBB

JMass

djsckizo
  • 2004/9/28 7:24

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/9 8

This very much sucks and very much annoys me.

Herko
  • 2004/9/28 7:27

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

What does this mean for the IPB Module for XOOPS?
I personallty suspect not much, only for development: you can't port the new version to XOOPS anymore...

Herko

djsckizo
  • 2004/9/28 8:56

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/9 8

Well, the way I see it is that it will be up to him to continue to keep up with any and all security risks that may come up. Now, if we could take this version and keep building on it ourselves...and by that I mean K, not be me because that would be fatal to the Internet as we know it....than it would be great, but I don't think IPS is going to allow that. From some of the stuff I have read on Invisionize, it seems to go back and forth on if we will still be able to use IB. I don't know, everything seems kind of crap at the moment.

domineaux
  • 2004/9/28 14:06

• domineaux

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/29

Koudanshi has just released his XOOPS mod to the 2.0 IPB. Somehow he got there before Meacham got his say. So there is an XOOPS port to 2.0 now.

That is probably not viable because the final version with IPB is never final. LOL

I'm trying to encourage K to build a script to convert all those IPB XOOPS mods back to the NEWBB. Looking at the news today on Newbb 2.0 it doesn't sound like a bad idea.

Like many users there were just a few things in the newbb that didn't work well on our sites.

In my case it was:
Category/sub-category/forums, a competent registration with graphic tie in and a broad range of moderation ability.

nicepants
  • 2004/10/1 16:16

• nicepants

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/10

Does anybody have a copy of the IPB 2.0 for Xoops? I wasn't able to snag it for the 72 hours or so it was on the bbpixel site.

Login

Who's Online

185 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 185

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits