icepick66
newbb buggared plz help
  • 2004/9/25 12:09

• icepick66

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/25

Hi,
i have a problem with newbb the forum, i accendnty deleated the folder out of /modules and i thourt to fix it ill just upload it again unstall newbb and then reinstall but now if i click install it comes up with the following:

Table 'xoops_bb_categories' already exists

Unable to install newbb. Error(s):

-------------------------------------------

the errors are blank and plz tell me how to resolve this

Lance_
Re: newbb buggared plz help
  • 2004/9/25 13:34

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

If you deleted only the folder and had not uninstalled prior, all the info should already be in the DB, and would not required install. The message you are getting is, in fact, a message telling you the tables already exist.

Technically, I think everything should work the same as prior deleting the folder. Of course this is taking for granted that you hadn't modified the DB at the same time.

I've tested on my local machine and if you just delete and then recopy the folder in modules nothing has changed and everything will work fine, not needind install.

Cheers

Note: If you uninstall the module you will wipe out the tables and all forums posts.

icepick66
  • 2004/9/25 14:25

• icepick66

• Just popping in

I understand but i dont think XOOPS does, it thinks its uninstalled yet all the nessary folders are there and DB's
so when i install it reconises its allerdy installed and aborts, but there is not Block or icon saying forum.
So my plan of action now is to deleat the data from the table 'xoop's_bb_data', should i go through with this or is there an easer way
PS:
i uninstalled the module using XOOPS uninstaller without the newbb folder in the /modules dir (yes i know i am soo stupid but ive leart my lesson)

kiwiguy
  • 2004/9/25 14:50

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/19

You may have to start again and re install from scratch if its not allowing you to install NewBB Module and re-copying the module back does not bring back the module then you may have to just go into your database and drop all tables that are related to the NewBB module which all are labeled xoops_BB, so yeah drop all tables with xoops_BB on it and the re install newbb.

This is only a idea somebody else may have a better idea especially if you want to save your posts that were in the forum.

hope it helps
kiwiguy

Josem
  • 2004/9/25 15:18

• Josem

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/22

One can still backup the database. Backup the database and then reinstall the old database again when you create the new database without the tables.

For example, to back up the old database I run:

mysqldump --opt -u xoopsuser -p xoopsdatabasename > /where/you/want/to/backup/backup.sql

To restore the database do:

mysql -u xoopsuser -p xoopsdatabasename < /where/you/have/the/file/backup.sql

This is assuming you have a xoopsuser that has all priviledges and password to the XOOPS database in this case I named it xoopsdatabasename.

Never run a database as root for security reasons. Above, "xoopsuser" owns the XOOPS database. You can give it any name.

Once you have the database saved, you can start from scratch on any system and restore your old databases. I run linux and all this apply to this system. I never tried XOOPS with windows.

icepick66
  • 2004/9/25 17:36

• icepick66

• Just popping in

Thankyou soo much ill try from windows
it woudent bother me too much if i lose all post's but at least i got a forum
Cross fingers

tjnemez
  • 2004/9/25 18:16

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

use php myadmin to drop the tables in question and then just reinstall.

Login

Who's Online

165 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 165

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits