Flazz
intergrating webpage
  • 2004/9/17 19:38

• Flazz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/14

Okay heres my problem. I currently run a Call of duty clan. I am trying to intergrate a html based web site, generated by a program called combatstats, seamlessly into the clans XOOPS site.

So far I have manged to get the index.hmtl page to work this way by inserting

<?php
$prepend_dir
=XOOPS_ROOT_PATH.($SCRIPT_FILENAME);  
if(
file_exists("$prepend_dir/mainfile.php"))
include(
"$prepend_dir/mainfile.php");
elseinclude("../../mainfile.php");
if(
file_exists("$prepend_dir/header.php"))
include(
"$prepend_dir/header.php");
elseinclude(XOOPS_ROOT_PATH."/header.php");
$xoopsOption['show_rblock'] = 1;
$prepend_dir=dirname($SCRIPT_FILENAME);
$mydirname basenamedirname__FILE__ ) ) ;
?>

at the begining as well as

<?php   
$prepend_dir
=XOOPS_ROOT_PATH.($SCRIPT_FILENAME);
if(
file_exists("$prepend_dir//footer.php"))
include(
"$prepend_dir//footer.php");
else
include(
XOOPS_ROOT_PATH."//footer.php");
include 
XOOPS_ROOT_PATH.'/include/comment_view.php';
?>

at the end. Putting the original HMTL code in between. I then made the index.html file into index.php

This made the index now look like it belongs to the XOOPS site.

Where my problem begins tho, is when one of the links on the page is selected it opens the link in a blank page, therefore getting rid of all things XOOPS

What I would like to know is if there is away of having the links open within xoops? without having to trowel through all the html pages rescripting them, becouse the html pages will be updated regualy using the combatstats program and as more people use our server more web pages will be made

Any ideas would be appresiated as I've been at this for 3 days now and have run out of ideas, which isn't hard as Im a PHP NOOB

Speed
Re: intergrating webpage
  • 2004/9/17 20:21

• Speed

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

I wanted to add several static html pages to my site and have them accessed via a XOOPS block menu. I ended up using TinyContent.

If I wanted, I could call these static pages using their "new" TinyContent url. I could add links from other places than the menu.

No recoding of my pages was necessary. And when I update the html pages, they are updated automatically in TinyContent since it's just reformatting to fit into Xoops.

There are a few different Content modules available. Each has slightly different options.

JasonMR
  • 2004/9/17 22:40

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

You said you inserted the code in your (previously) index.html file, but did you also insert those code snippets you provided in the other HTML files you are linking to?

Flazz
  • 2004/9/17 23:37

• Flazz

• Just popping in

Ive tryed tinycontens but again the links just open on a blank page (this also happens when I use custom blocks)

As stated above
Quote:
What I would like to know is if there is away of having the links open within xoops? without having to trowel through all the html pages rescripting them, becouse the html pages will be updated regualy using the combatstats program and as more people use our server more web pages will be made

At the moment its 30 pages and will get bigger and is updated every day so you can see why I dont want to rescript every page.

Flazz
  • 2004/9/18 0:30

• Flazz

• Just popping in

Okay so how this program works is based on templates, so I put the php code athe begining and the end of the template in the hope that it would put that sript at the start and finsh of all the pages it makes (I also told it to make .php and not .hml)

Well it worked, kind of

It has indeed put the code at the start and finsh of the html, however its all one line which makes it not work. to make it work I have to go thought each page and edit the code, which what im trying to avoid

But the good news is once edited, the links do indeed onpen and keep the integraty of xoops

ill keep you posted

and help welcome tho as its now 2 in the mornig of the 4th day

Speed
  • 2004/9/18 1:43

• Speed

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

The version I've been using is this one:
http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/project/?tinycontent

What I liked the most about TinyContent most was that I could use the XOOPS css files to integrate the look even better with my themes. When I change themes, the static webpages change too. However, I wrote the html after the site was set up so I didn't have to retrofit pages into it which you seem to be attempting to do.

Best of luck!

Flazz
  • 2004/9/18 2:52

• Flazz

• Just popping in

YES I DID IT

okay, took me another 4 hours to figure it out.

See the program stiched the lines of the code together. Why? I have no Idea. But What I realised is that the code should work on one line, it just needs to be spaced out correctly. So within the template code Instead of pressing enter after each ";" I used space.

I know, but it is late

So now, anyway, when the program uses the tamplate the code stays as it should, for every page
Now it looks like it belongs there.

I hope this helps someone in the future

Login

Who's Online

207 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 207

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits