chrisis
newbb theme -- where do I customize it?
  • 2004/9/14 21:51

• chrisis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/2 2

I'm trying to customize the way my newbb looks, but I cannot find where the module's theme/look and feel is defined. To me it doesn't look like it is defined in my theme's style.css -- that seems to define the look and feel of the rest of the site.

I've spent the last 2 hours trawling my site's files for clues, but I'm stumped.

JackJ
Re: newbb theme -- where do I customize it?
  • 2004/9/14 22:00

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

You will find the class calls in system admin-> templates -> Forum for example go to newwbb_index.html and "edit" you will find the class calls for the forum index page.

You could name and define your own in the style.css sheet for your theme.

Stewdio
  • 2004/9/14 22:30

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Thats just fantastic advice Jack!

Everytime I want to edit an element of my .css, I have used view source and have had to plod through all the rendered code.

You just made my life so much easier with your suggestion. It's so simple I wonder why I never thought of this before!

chrisis
  • 2004/9/15 3:09

• chrisis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/2 2

Ok, I've had a look at the template thru the administration menu. The part I need to change is this:

Quote:
<!-- start forum categories -->
<{section name=category loop=$categories}>
<table cellspacing="1" class="outer">
<tr align="left" valign="top"><th colspan="6"> <a href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/newbb/index.php?cat=<{$categories[category].cat_id}>"><{$categories[category].cat_title}></a></th></tr>
<tr class="head" align="center">
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td nowrap="nowrap" align="left"><{$lang_forum}></td>
<td nowrap="nowrap"><{$lang_topics}></td>
<td nowrap="nowrap"><{$lang_posts}></td>
<td nowrap="nowrap"><{$lang_lastpost}></td>
</tr>
<!-- start forums -->

What I want to do is change the appearance of the category title -- instead of having an orange background, I want it to have say a red background. But there isn't a class that defines it! The '<tr class="head"' applies to the line in the forums UNDER the category title. The only thing I can think of is the "th" tag. I've looked in the theme style.css but the only def for "th" is the news page "th" which is blue.

The thing that confuses me is that there MUST be a definition for it somewhere -- else how does it go orange?

wrecked
  • 2007/1/6 21:56

• wrecked

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/5

I dont want to start a new thread - where could I find CSS or inline style for QUOTE in newbb?

i've been searching, but still was not able find it :(

Login

Who's Online

236 user(s) are online (165 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 236

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits