Skythe
Rate my site
  • 2004/9/11 11:08

• Skythe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/2 2

Please

PlanetSmilies.com

Message Board (not open or in the navigation yet)

Here are some screenshots of sections that require registration:

a) A thread
I put a slim navigation bar in the header, and Previous/Next Topic in the bottom bar. Notice that all buttons are customized & unique - the four smaller ones at the bottom left are: Unlock, Move, Delete, Unsticky.

b) Icon Guide
Some of my hand drawn forum icons ^^

c) Message Icons
These took me some time. Icons are a lot trickier than text buttons if your as bad at drawing as I am. T_T So custom bold, italic, quote, email etc buttons, and subject icons.

d) Search
A search i did in the forum. Changes are no top navigation, a "welcome message" and some corrections to the english translation ;)

e) The Inbox
Not much to say here, I kept the look consistent.

f) PM
This is what a personal message looks like. Starts with a navigation bar, bolded headlines, then the message, reply/delete/next/previous at the bottom.

g) The Poll
This is my poll results page. I think I changed about everything there even the "progress" bars. (ignore the pixelization thats because the screenshot is a gif hit results on the page to see the real thing)

h) User Profile
What can I say. Its a user profile. The buttons at the top got mouseover effects like 70% of the buttons at my page. i'm still working on the rest :>

i) User Ranks
I'm very very proud of this part. I gotta look at my ranks at least once a day because i like the way they look

Opinions?

marcan
Re: Rate my site
  • 2004/9/11 11:58

• marcan

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/10/8

Really cool site ! Congratulations ! The theme is great and so is the content ;)

Keep up the good work !

JMorris
  • 2004/9/11 15:57

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Skythe,

Looks like you've got everything working really well. The site looks great, and the content is cool! You're now in my bookmarks

Good Work!

sbkiller
  • 2004/9/11 18:03

• sbkiller

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/9 2

Nice header. Really organized site!

Skythe
  • 2004/9/12 15:52

• Skythe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/2 2

wow thanks a lot guys

i hoped somebody would find an error i missed so if you do post it please i got this thread on notifiction

but if everything's fine why would i complain
thanks for the kind words! *blush*

eclypto
  • 2004/9/26 21:03

• eclypto

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/24

This is a very quality use of a XOOPS site. You've spent a lot of time on it and I admire your talent. Very good job.

brash
  • 2004/9/26 23:15

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Man, you've certainly been busy!! This would have to be among the most visually pleasing XOOPS sites I've seen to date. I really like the colour scheme and find it really easy on the eyes and easy to read.

Performance wise though it is a little on the "fat" side. To download from scratch you site is over 262kb, contains 60 HTTP requests, and took just shy of 20 seconds to load (which is actually pretty quick considering the size). Your logo is nearly 50k in itself which should be able to be optimised a little to get size down. Being a smiley site, obviously most of those 60 HTTP requests are image requests and there is only so much you can do. Perhaps you can find a way to consolidate your imges so that they are called in less requests. As it stands your site would take about 1 minute or more for 56k modem users once you take into account latency introduced by the HTTP requests. That is probably going to be enough to loose visitors.

Login

Who's Online

229 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 229

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits