iolai
Dune MUD new website
  • 2004/9/7 0:53

• iolai

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/6/26

We have recently finished the development of our site, and would like to get some feedback, please.

The url is http://dune.servint.com. Thank you!

- Iolai.

Speed
Re: Dune MUD new website
  • 2004/9/7 4:42

• Speed

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

I know it's not required but to me it seems poor taste to not note that the code for the page is Xoops. Even if just stated in the meta headers. Afterall, you list all your other resources....

Also the theme is by 7Dana, not SevenDays methinks....

Looks really nice by the way. Sorry if I come across as a party pooper. Tight design and execution.

iolai
  • 2004/9/7 7:29

• iolai

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/6/26

You are right ofcourse, forgot to mention it is xoops. Added now. And yeah, layout is by 7Dana, which means Seven days

Speed
  • 2004/9/8 0:01

• Speed

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

Ahhh, well see I learned something new today!

libervis
  • 2004/9/12 20:00

• libervis

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/4 1

Okay let's see...

From the first look the site looks very nice, especially the header picture. And all other colors fit that picture perfectly expressing the mood of the main site theme.

When i go a bit further into it i can learn of what about the site really is. It seems to be about a Dune MUD game. I am totaly unfamiliar with it, but what i can conclude out of the intro is that it's about a intriguing probably interesting adventure game which i can play when i register and logging, a tempting thought even for the one browsing with modem and with lack of time as me. So, i think the intro is fine. It's purpose should be to inform the visitor about the theme of the site and "make him wish to register" and this one does it fine.
Anyway.. let's get to cosmetics which are overall fine.
My suggestions would however be to align that starting italics quote to the left. I'd say it would look better that way. Also you could change the color of the main menu text to be more easily visible. It's not like i'm blind , but people appreciate clearly visible text and titles so you could change the color to something that will still fit that goldish background, but also be more visible than the current white is. Maybe you could just switch the hover color with the main color (dark blue with white hovering).
I like the way submenus open when you click on the main menu item, but i noticed that the grayish submenu "structure lines" (how to call it) are almost not visible at all. I don't know if it's possible to change it's color, probably yes.. try to find the appropirate id in your stylesheet for that. Just change it to some fitting color that will make that visible.
Besides that, the site overall looks great and the topic it presents seems like alot of fun.

And indeed 7dana means seven days, i am from croatia, and for "day" we say "dan", in plural it's "dani" or "dana" or "dane" depending on the context.

Hvala (Thank you)
Daniel

Login

Who's Online

289 user(s) are online (184 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 289

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits