m5
How do I allow certain users to post news without moderation?
  • 2004/8/31 17:36

• m5

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/10/8

Im using the standard news module, How do I let certain users post news without moderation from me? I tried a few different settings but they dont seem to work. when a user submits news, it always comes to me for approval. I have a few users who Id like to be able to post things without me having to always approve.

any help?
Thanx!

tedsmith
Re: How do I allow certain users to post news without moderation?
  • 2004/8/31 18:30

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

I use the latest new module (1.2) which has better permission features. I recommend you download and install it.

Using that, go to the 'Submit\Approve Permissions' section of the module in system admin and check the boxes in the 'Submit Permissions' section for registered and\or anonymous users to be able to submit news to one or all of your catergories. Only do one section at a time though - I noticed if you try to do all of them it only saves one.

Then, in the preferences section of the module, tick the 'Yes' box where it says 'Auto approve news stories without admin intervention?'. This allows a user to submit news without you having to approve it. However, you may want to ensure your users know (by using FAQ perhaps) that they have to tick the 'Approve' box at the bottom of their news article, otherwise it still won't show up. Bummer! That is what I have done anyway. If there is a way round it I'd love to know.

Good luck

Login

Who's Online

243 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 243

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits