IsamuM
MyAlbum-P thumbnail problem
  • 2004/8/23 17:15

• IsamuM

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/8/1 8

I was running MyAlbum-P without any problems until recently. Now, it won't create any new thumbnails. I'm using XOOPS 2.0.7 and the latest version of MyAlbum-P (2.8.3 I believe).

I have a fairly deep directory structure for MyAlbum-P, but that wasn't a problem before.

I did have some problems in trying to use duplicate copies of TinyContent (the duplicatable version, of course), and have removed the extra TinyContent modules. (I still have one module running normally.)

When I try to register a photo, all I get in response is a blank browser page. Is this normal?

I have tried rebuilding the thumbnails, but to no avail. In fact, when I try to rebuild them, all I get is one line about a given JPEG and nothing else.

Any ideas on what might be wrong and what I can do to fix the problem?

iolai
Re: MyAlbum-P thumbnail problem
  • 2004/8/28 0:08

• iolai

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/6/26

I have exactly the same problem. Any ideas?

IsamuM
  • 2004/8/28 5:23

• IsamuM

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/8/1 8

Hi iolai,

For some strange reason, my problem has fixed itself after I tried a couple of different settings.

Here's what I did:

- I turned off the "Make Thumb Image" setting in the MyAlbum-P preferences. (This will still create thumbnails, but they are created on-the-fly instead of beforehand.)

- Because on-the-fly creation of thumbnails was a little slow, I reduced the size of the thumbnails from the default width of 140 pixels to 100.

- I tried uploading a photo and it worked, so I left things as they were for the past few days.

- When I posted my first message above, I also posted the message on GIJoe's (the author of MyAlbum-P, I believe) forum (http://www.peak.ne.jp/xoops/). Today, I noticed his reply which said:

Quote:
Blank page means some errors.

Tell me the result after you turn "PHP debug" on.

This is the place.
your admin -> system -> preferences -> general ->debug mode

I did this and tried to recreate the problem to get at the debug messages, but -- surprise! -- everything worked as it should. I could recreate the thumbnail images and I could upload photos without any errors.

I don't know if this will help you, but you might give it a try. Maybe changing some of the settings fixed things. I'm not sure, but I'm glad the module is working again.

BTW, for what it's worth, I actually like the on-the-fly thumbnails better because they have better color -- at least with my setup.

iolai
  • 2004/8/28 6:21

• iolai

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/6/26

Thank you! You are right.

Make Thumb Image option is the option that causes all the problems. I'll talk to the creator of the module about it. Thank you, again!

Docker
  • 2004/8/29 1:20

• Docker

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/20

Don't know if this will help since I am using XoopsGallery and not MyAlbum-P. I had a similar problem with a blank page being displayed when adding photos to the gallery or when doing various other things.

It had worked just fine until I turned cacheing 'on'. As soon as I turned it 'off' for this module, all the recent problems went away.

My 2 cents...

tim1980
  • 2004/12/7 9:05

• tim1980

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/11/5

Thanks guys, I was just killing myself about this problem until I found this thread!

Thanks!

tedsmith
  • 2005/1/4 16:59

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

I had the same problem, and yes, by turning Thumnails off all is back to normal.

However, I am trying to perform the resize option so that it resizes some of my larger pictures to those specified in my prefertences.

It displays some text about the first jpeg file then just stops with the following debug error :

) checking 1.jpg ...689x919 .. PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagecreatefromjpeg() in d:\cms.fct\modules\myalbum\include\functions.php on line 114

HELP?

Login

Who's Online

132 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 132

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits