Skythe
Need 2 templates
  • 2004/8/15 19:43

• Skythe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/2 2

I'm looking for two templates:

- the "Edit Profile" template. The one where users edit their profiles
- the "Profile" template. The one you get when clicking on a user's name.

For some strange reason the second one is not system_userinfo.html. That one is only applied when you are logged in and looking at your own profile.

Once again this only shows how chaotic and incomplete the documentation is. :c its hard/impossible to get help from there and i couldnt find jack

Skythe
Re: Need 2 templates
  • 2004/8/17 15:20

• Skythe

• Just popping in

omg community, faq, manual nonexistant

Stewdio
  • 2004/8/17 15:45

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Firstly, a bump would have sufficed. I come to the forums more then 4 times daily and I didn't see your initial post. If you don't get an answer, it means no one HAS an answer, or your post was missed. In almost every instance a few bumps will get your post noticed if nothing has been replied to in a couple days.

Secondly, there is no templates for what you are looking for. If I had spotted your post earlier, I would have told you this. You can modify the .php files yourself and edit the code, but I don't know which ones off hand.

For future reference try:

http://docs.xoops.org
http://www.macambridge.com/dummies/
http://xoops-tips.com/

Patience, courtesy and the ever popular search feature on this site go a long long way.

Skythe
  • 2004/8/17 21:37

• Skythe

• Just popping in

yeah doesnt change the fact that the search feature doesnt get me anywhere and the documentation covers only SMALLSMALL parts of XOOPS and is like extremely difficult to read / navigate thru. this whole site is functional but the one who made it has never heard of design, layout, user guidance or whatever ^^

not blaming you your just trying to help. i just think XOOPS deserves something else. its a good cms

Skythe
  • 2004/8/17 21:44

• Skythe

• Just popping in

i already guessed id have to edit the php files i mean god, XOOPS is supposed to be for people without php knowledge too

i cant style the pages messing around with the php code the way i could with a template or stylesheet
THREE sections on my website which i cant open for the public cause they're not templated. nice

tjnemez
  • 2004/8/18 1:20

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

possibly you should consider contracting someone to do this for you.

brash
  • 2004/8/18 3:16

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

I agree with tjnemez, if you are wanting more advanced XOOPS customisation (and yes, custom templates ARE on the advanced side of the fence) then I think you'd be best off seeking the paid services of a professional theme/template designer such as 7dana.com (among others).

I think you'll find Skythe that XOOPS is indeed a very friendly CMS for new comers. 99.99% of those new to XOOPS who have never dealt with web technology before wouldn't even know what a template was if they fell over it, and for basic usage they don't need to. Another thing Skythe, you might not realise but your attitude comes off as being VERY negative. This is a community site, so if you don't like the level of support, documentation, faq's or whatever about Xoops, then do something about it and pitch in with your own time and skills to help make it better for everyone.

Skythe
  • 2004/8/18 17:51

• Skythe

• Just popping in

The problem is not the templates its the fact that there arent any. Custom templates are not advanced techy stuff, even the most newbie webmaster skins his XOOPS nowadays (its not really difficult either). You prolly wouldnt notice my website is powered by XOOPS if it wasnt for the urls but these last 3 sections...... how am i supposed to do a readable register form for example without a template?

If i knew any php i'd post a guide or something but i wouldnt be of any help now

i might sound negative alright i just need to vent no offense

Skythe
  • 2004/8/21 17:04

• Skythe

• Just popping in

Okay I did it now. After like a week of desperation i found the files that build the inbox, registration and so on and Im customizing them now

Brash you were right helping others rocks so I'm going to write a tutorial about this whole stuff when I'm finished. So that hopefully my kids and yours wont have to go through the same

btw it looks awesome

Login

Who's Online

228 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 228

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits