naxos
Re: Xoops Gallery with Gallery Remote
  • 2004/8/11 18:10

• naxos

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/6 3

it is netpbm v9.something. I have tried image magic as well...just dont know what the deal could be, is there a better gallery module out there that wont give me this problem? I do like the random picture block....so modules with that would be cool. I have just always used gallery and dont really want to switch, but i cant understand why its messing up on some seemingly random pics

m0nty
Re: Xoops Gallery with Gallery Remote
  • 2004/8/11 18:23

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

have you tried using GD2? as a last resort..

GD2 is better than GD 1 and is just as functional as netpbm so will not have much difference..

but other gallery's i know of are Myalpum P and XCGal

i love XCGAL as it's based on coppermine, but unfortunately it is based on coppermine 1.1 and i know there was some threads on here and on the developer site about an upcoming update release of xcgal, but that was being based on coppermine 1.21.. so if you're looking for users to be able to multi-upload, then forget xcgal as it only allows multi-upload from admin and it has to be done via ftp aswell, unfortunately 1.21 doesn't offer multi upload either..

I since reverted back to using a standalone coppermine gallery based on their latest version 1.3 (stable) which DOES offer multi-upload capability and also makes use of the XP publishing wizard like menalto gallery does..

ok the problem is users have to register on both but i asked em which they prefer.. the multi upload or the usability and integration with the main site.. and all my members opted for the multi upload.. not surprising as my members upload around 100+ photo's at a time..

i have modified the coppermine gallery tho, to create an RSS feed.. and this RSS feed has been integrated into a custom block which shows the latest albums on my XOOPS site so it looks as tho it's still combined.. i'm sure the feed can be modified to provide random images too..

Login

Who's Online

106 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 106

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits