jmass
Customizable login process, LDAP, Muiltiple DB support, Spellcheck
  • 2004/8/4 15:56

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/18

1> Customizable login process - Choose user fields available/required,

2> LDAP Authentication

3> Muiltiple DB support - Ability to connect to differrent DBs (The ability to connect to more than one data source would be killer)

4> Spellcheck

These are my feature requests. I have spoken else where about them, but I wanted to put them all together. I will update If I can think of more.

JMass

Herko
Re: Customizable login process, LDAP, Muiltiple DB support, Spellcheck
  • 2004/8/4 16:52

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

1 and 2 are planned for XOOPS 2.2 (But you already knew that from other threads)

3. I'm not sure if 2.2 will make this possible or not. It should be easier to migrate XOOPS to another DB tho. It's definately planned for XOOPS 3.

4. Depends on the (WYSIWYG) editor used, I guess. If someone implements the spellchecker into a wysiwyg editor (which will be easy to add to a site using X2.2), then it's great But, IMHO, not nessecarily a core feature.

Herko

Stewdio
  • 2004/8/4 16:58

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Quote:

Herko Coomans wrote:

4. Depends on the (WYSIWYG) editor used, I guess. If someone implements the spellchecker into a wysiwyg editor (which will be easy to add to a site using X2.2), then it's great But, IMHO, not nessecarily a core feature.

Herko

Would make a nice hack from the community though *wink wink nudge nudge* Get your hacker caps on folks, 2.2 is going to be one wild ride!

jmass
  • 2004/8/4 17:24

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

4> Spellchecker - I was thinking more of an apsell solution for all text areas or something (I despise WYSIWYG) but you are right that it may be more of a hack than a core feature.

I just hate hacking the core. I will hack a module all day but I want easy clean upgrades to XOOPS that work. Therefore I leave the core to the experts and don't mess with their code.

JMass

geoffgibbs
  • 2004/8/4 18:19

• geoffgibbs

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/23

I've written an aspell-based spellchecker hack for XOOPS 2.0.7 (info: What about a spellcheck?) I plan to make the same changes to 2.2 for my own site, but it may be some time in the making.

Herko
  • 2004/8/4 18:35

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

What I meant by my comment on the WYSIWYG editor was that in XOOPS 2.2, you can choose any implementation you want as editor. Whether it's the default XOOPS editor with aspell, or a wysiwyg based editor, you can globally use that in XOOPS 2.2 So there's no need to hack any system.

Herko

jmass
  • 2004/8/4 19:07

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

That makes a lot more sense. I did not know that you would be able to choose the editor. That is Great news!

Thanks,

JMass

Login

Who's Online

121 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 121

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits