nuker
change theme via database?
  • 2004/8/3 0:22

• nuker

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/12/14

is there a way to change the default theme in the database? i dont' know which table to look in to make the change.

i have it set to a theme, but i had to transfer the website to a new server, and now all i get is a blank page.

i suspect that if i can set it back to the default theme i can make the changes from there.

if there is another way to get the theme to work, i'd like to know that so i don't have to go into the database.

thanks!

Stewdio
Re: change theme via database?
  • 2004/8/3 1:14

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Assuming you uploaded the exact same theme with the same folder name and structure, it should show up with out any problems.

You can also set the theme in the database through the xoops_config table.

Look for conf_name theme_set. This should be conf_id 7. Change the theme name to one that you know you have on your server, exactly as it is named on your server in the conf_value field.

Hope this helps

nuker
  • 2004/8/3 2:37

• nuker

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/12/14

poo, that didn't work

YourHelp
  • 2004/8/3 3:27

• YourHelp

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/6/9 6

Had no idea that could be done good 1

Stewdio
  • 2004/8/3 17:32

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

I just tested this myself to see if it does indeed work, I was in a hurry this morning and didn't have time. It does work, you have to name it exactly as you have on your server, at tleast thats what I am getting. Try renaming the xoops_config theme_set to 'default' (without the quotes)

If that doesn't work, reupload the default theme from your local copy and keep your DB set to default untill you get back in and make the needed changes.

If that doesn't work, then check your mainfile.php to make sure that your server move is in order. I should have been thinking sooner, it may not be theme related at all. Confirm that all paths in your mainfile.php are set correctly.

Quote:

nuker wrote:
poo, that didn't work

intel352
  • 2004/8/3 17:41

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

the problem is possibly not your theme. moving servers, i believe you have to update mainfile.php with the full path to xoops, as well as delete cache/admin.php (or whatever it is), to make the admin file regenerate as well.

i believe.

Login

Who's Online

478 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 478

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits