hans_k
Selected module does not exist!
  • 2004/8/2 9:23

• hans_k

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/2 9

Hello,

Xoops (I believe version 1.3.7) has always worked fine, it is mostly used for the news module. Since 2 days however, I get the annoying announcement "Selected module does not exist!", without any possible action. The url is forwarded from /html to /html/modules/news/, like it should, but i cannot do anything.

I am sure nothing has changed in configuration, so I am a little surprised.

Question: how can i fix it, preferrably with preserving the current news index and articles?

Thanks!!

philou
Re: Selected module does not exist!
  • 2004/8/2 10:24

• philou

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/5/6 8

do you have uninstall the news module ? If yes... you must change also in : admin>preferencies> the module for the start page

hans_k
  • 2004/8/2 10:36

• hans_k

• Just popping in

No I have not uninstalled anything or done anything, that was why i was so suprised. Even if I had, I still cannot see the admin page, I just see an empty page with header and footer and the sentence "selected module does not exist!"

hans_k
  • 2004/8/2 22:02

• hans_k

• Just popping in

My provider just informed me that they upgraded to PHP 5.0.0 last week, which might have well caused these problems.

Anyone knowing of compatibility problems with PHP 5.0.0 and
Xoops?

And can i upgrade my current version and preserve the current news archive?

m0nty
  • 2004/8/2 23:48

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

Xoops is not supported on PHP 5, and probly won't be till the next release i think. There are quite a ew dfferences between how php 5 handles functions etc than PHP 4.

i'm surprised ur host upgraded so quickly as there wasn't a security problem.. it would have been better to offer php5 as an option..

if possible i would ask them if they could go back to php4 on your particular server.

djsckizo
  • 2004/8/3 3:27

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/9 8

I get this same message if I try to visit a module under http: //sidebreak.com/whatevermodule rather than http: //www.sidebreak.com/thatsamemodule

Tis kind of annoying. I have to pick either with the www or with out it when setting up the site.

Login

Who's Online

239 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 239

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits