zer0fill
Update module template .html files from theme templates directory BUT for modules too?
  • 2004/8/1 20:19

• zer0fill

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/12/2

Is there an option somewhere to have XOOPS automatically load module template files like it can for themes? It's getting rather tedious having to update the module after every change done to the template.

brash
Re: Update module template .html files from theme templates directory BUT for modules too?
  • 2004/8/1 22:40

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

A dirty trick is to just delete the contents of your template_c directory. Don't think this is a "supported" method though. Anyway, doesn't the "Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?" option in preferences->general settings do this if set to yes?

Stewdio
Re: Update module template .html files from theme templates directory BUT for modules too?
  • 2004/8/2 0:40

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

If it is set to yes, then all template files will be updated "automagicly".

Otherwise, deleting the named template file from /templates_c folder works like a charm. I always keep an FTP session open precicely for this reason. Just deleteing the changed template file is all you need to do, otherwise deleting the entire directy each time just adds a little bit of load time on every page load after deletions.

zer0fill
  • 2004/8/2 1:43

• zer0fill

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/12/2

Quote:

Stewdio wrote:
If it is set to yes, then all template files will be updated "automagicly".

Otherwise, deleting the named template file from /templates_c folder works like a charm.

Unless I'm doing something wrong, that option only works for the themes, not modules.

Wouldn't reloading (ctrl+r) the updated module be a lot faster than having to manually find which file to delete? click, delete, confirm.

Thanks for the suggestions all, but I was hoping for a truly transparent method of updating module template files (no manual updates or deletions)

tl
  • 2004/8/2 1:52

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

Quote:

zer0fill wrote:
Is there an option somewhere to have XOOPS automatically load module template files like it can for themes? It's getting rather tedious having to update the module after every change done to the template.

I am afraid this is the only way updating individual modules - no other way around at the moment.

The philosophy, as I understand, is that module will be set, so no frequent updating is needed. It did not take the process of developing modules into account.

Login

Who's Online

170 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 170

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits