mcmikemc
"General configuration" installation page problem
  • 2004/7/28 23:52

• mcmikemc

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/28

Hello,

I have been playing with XOOPS at work the past few days and wanted to setup it at home so that I can become more proficient with it. I installed Apache, PHP and MySQL on a fresh install of WIN2K on a spare PC I have. After I was able to run PHP scripts and had added a user and database for the XOOPS install, I placed the three folders XOOPS comes in ( docs, extras, html ) in the htdocs folder.

I then opened the installation page in XOOPS and followed the instructions and everything was going fine. Then I got to the 4th page of the installation, titled "General configuration". At the top of this page I get the following error message:

Notice: Undefined index: HTTPS in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\install\class\settingmanager.php on line 76

If I ignore that message and fill the correct information and continue I can get to the 8th page which is titled "confirm database settings". When I hit the next button on the 8th page I get a blank page.

I looked at line 76 but did not know what it is I can change to get the installation to work.

Below I have listed all the information I think could be helpful in assisting me. Please just ask me if you need any more information.

Apache 2.0.50-win32-x86
PHP 5.0.0 ( I am using the cgi install )
MySQL 4.0.20d-win
Xoops 2.0.7

Windows 2000 Pro with every freakin patch MS has out as of 7/28/04 7:00pmEST.

I also tried this on Windows XP pro with the same results.

mcmikemc
Re: "General configuration" installation page problem
  • 2004/7/29 0:06

• mcmikemc

• Just popping in

Well I had another error that somehow I did not see. This one happens on the 6th page titled "Saving configuration data..". The error message is below:

Notice: Use of undefined constant XOOPS_ROOT_PATH - assumed 'XOOPS_ROOT_PATH' in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\install\index.php on line 258

mcmikemc
  • 2004/7/29 19:29

• mcmikemc

• Just popping in

Man, I thought somebody would have helped me by now

I really want to play with XOOPS at home.

Anonymous
  • 2004/10/12 16:01

• Anonymous

• Since:

I have been this problem too, using EasyPHP. Nobody can help?

ackbarr

XOOPS does not currently function in PHP 5, try the installation with the 4.3.x line.

Login

Who's Online

181 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 181

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits