nthomson
Unable to update modules
  • 2004/7/28 21:27

• nthomson

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/13

Hi,

I have been having a strange problem for the past 2 days..I am not able to update modules..I don't know why/how this is happening.

For eg:
1)i make some changes in the template files of any module.And after that if i update the file, the new changes don't take place.

2)I know the modified templates are getting saved to the database because when i check System Admin -> Templates , i see the modified templates there..I am using the default XOOPS template set..

3)And also i have set "Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?" to "yes" in System Admin -> Prefences -> General Settings.

4)I modified some code in one of the templates and when i updated that module from the module administration interface, that too is not getting updated. There fore it is not a problem with templates alone, but the whole module is not getting updated but it is getting cached some where

5)It's like it is caching the files some where even though i have specified "No Cache" for all the modules..I have been working continuously trying to figure out what could be wrong..

6)I also get these errors below whenever I update/install a module since the time i reinstalled the wfdownloads 2 days ago.i am thinking whether it's related?? But i had successful updated some modules even after i started getting these below errors..

I get first "failed open file" followed by "Unable to write to main menu"
eg:-
failed open fileUpdating templates...
Template xoopspartners_index.html inserted to the database.
Template xoopspartners_index.html recompiled.
Template xoopspartners_join.html inserted to the database.
Template xoopspartners_join.html recompiled.

Unable to write to main menu.

Rebuilding blocks...
Block Partners updated. Block ID: 36
Template xoopspartners_block_site.html updated.
Template xoopspartners_block_site.html recompiled.
Deleting module config options...
Config data deleted from the database. Config ID: 2769
Config data deleted from the database. Config ID: 2770
Config data deleted from the database. Config ID: 2771
Config data deleted from the database. Config ID: 2772
Config data deleted from the database. Config ID: 2773
Adding module config data...
Config cookietime added to the database.
Config option added. Name: _DESCENDING Value: DESC

Module Partners updated successfully.

I have removed readonly(windows server) for cache, template_c, cache/adminmenu.php etc..

Based on http://wiki.xoops.org/wakka.php?wakka=FAQFAILWRITE
how do i check if 1) The request method is not POST or
2) The HTTP_REFERER check fails

Any help will be greatly appreciated..

Thanks,
Ann

m0nty
Re: Unable to update modules
  • 2004/7/28 21:49

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

try deleting the files in templates_c folder

also check permissions etc.

also you can NOT modify the XOOPS default templates via XOOPS template manager.. it does say in the docs, u need to 1st clone the default set and then set in preferences to use the cloned set and not the default set..

you can clone them by going to the template manager and clicking clone..

try that and hope it works :)

if http referring is being blocked you more than likely wouldn't be able to login properly, so that in itself would tell u referring is likely to be ok :)

hope this helps

also goto preferences and turn on Debug.. check 1st PHP debug and then check MySQL debug and see if u receive any error messages..

nthomson
  • 2004/7/28 23:16

• nthomson

• Just popping in

Thanks M0nty..I deleted the admin.php, so when i installed a module again, it recreated the whole admin.php and i don't get "failed open file" and "Unable to write to main menu error" any more..

Whenever i updata a module, the html files are getting updated in template_c.Let me work on it some more..and will let u know how it goes..

Thanks,
Ann

nthomson
  • 2004/7/29 2:04

• nthomson

• Just popping in

Hi,

I have kind of figured out what the problem is but still not got any solutions..We had installed a new template called Zaza and had selected this template to be used as the Default template set in SystemAdmin -> Preferences -> General Settings.We started having the above problems then.

When we realized that we should only use the "default template" until we move the site completely into production, we changed it back to "default template".

But still the modules were not getting updated. When i check the templates_c folder, there are many partially created files called 41085cb0dbc52, 41085cb0ec166 etc.. instead of db%3Awfdownloads_index.html, db%3Awfdownloads_ratefile.html etc..So i cannot delete all the files in template_c and start all over cos the html files are not created properly in templates_c..
Has any one come across this problem ?

Appreciate all your help so far..

Thanks,
Ann

eg:
The html file generated itself is not malformed, but it is not definitely getting named correctly as db%something.html

Example of incorrectly named file 41085cb0dbc52(which should have been correctly named as db%3Amydownloads_download.html)

compiled from db:wfdownloads_download.html */ ?>
_tpl_vars['show_categort_title'] == true): ?>

_tpl_vars['down']['category']; ?>

_tpl_vars['down']['title']; ?>
_tpl_vars['down']['icons']; ?>

:
_tpl_vars['down']['submitter']; ?>

_tpl_vars['down']['adminlink']; ?>

Login

Who's Online

545 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 545

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits