esprague
Home Page Content
  • 2004/7/27 16:43

• esprague

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/27

I activated the FAQ module and put a test question and answer in place. Now I want the FAQ section to appear on the home page so that everyone can see it without having to log in.(Never mind, I see that it is System Admin->Preferences--> General Settings -->Module for your start page).

Now I need to change the left nav and the top banner on the home page.

limecity
Re: Home Page Content
  • 2004/7/27 16:46

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

go to system admin..
and go to groups
and set the permission for the anonymous group..

esprague
  • 2004/7/27 16:57

• esprague

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/27

Specifically I want to replace the /html/banners.php?op=click&bid=3 banner on the top of the page near the center.

Also, I want to remove the Login and Main Menu sections on the left nav of the home page. In other words I want the home page to be limited to an FAQ section for the public. I want the login to be handled elsewhere and there is no need for a Main Menu right now as it just has Home and FAQ links under it which are the same thing right now.

Thanks Again, this software seems really flexible so far.

koertzen
  • 2004/7/28 12:49

• koertzen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/22

See this thread to see how to remove the banner at the top of the page.

If you "remove the login" from the main page, you will need a link somewhere to get to the login page. Some people have used themes that put the login link in their themes. (There are a few threads on this that I can find if you'd like them.) This makes it easy because there is a link at the top of the page to click to login rather than using the login block. Make sure that you DO have a way to login before you hide the login block. Otherwise you'll have to manually type in the link in your browser and your user's will likely not know where to go. (The link is www.yoursite.com/user.php)

To remove the block, review the information on JackJ's XOOPS For Dummies tutorial under "Blocks".

Login

Who's Online

222 user(s) are online (153 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 222

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits