Porkspeare
Nuke to XOOPS
  • 2004/7/26 16:56

• Porkspeare

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/26

I'm a bit brand new to XOOPS, but I seem to be getting the hang of how it all works. Gotta say i'm liking it alot more than PHP-Nuke.

Which brings me to my question...

Is there anyway of bringing nuke registered members and forums across to xoops?

Cos if I change my site and there isn't there will be alot of crying!

m0nty
Re: Nuke to XOOPS
  • 2004/7/26 17:48

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

i don't know of any scripts that will do that automatically.. altho that doesn't mean there aren't any, just that i haven't heard of any..

the users is probably the easiest to migrate across as u cud probly do that via a sql dump from the database and edit a few fields heare and there.. (dunno if nuke uses md5 encryption tho or passwords) so that maybe 1 issue..

the forums, i think that all depends on what forum you use and what the structure is as to how to proceed with converting that..

i'm sure there's a few on here who could tell you or help in that respect.. but it's not impossible that's for sure..

intel352
  • 2004/7/26 17:59

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

it's not hard, i could work something up for you, for a nominal fee

fyi, nuke uses md5 password encryption. i have experience with porting nuke users & nukephpbb forums, to XOOPS + newbb.

anything else, such as news, forumnews, downloads, web links, etc, you'd need to tell me, and i'll give you a quote.

otherwise, you could look for a PostNuke script in the downloads section, and use it as a basis to create your conversion script.

i will say, forums are probably the most complex tables to port. the rest is relatively easy

Porkspeare
  • 2004/7/30 8:39

• Porkspeare

• Just popping in

How much are we talking?

I need something to do it pretty quickly and correctly. I
can't afford to make mistakes on the site.

intel352
  • 2004/7/30 11:18

• intel352

• Module Developer

how about this: i'll do it for free, and if you like, you can donate to my paypal acct an amt that you feel reasonable

that way neither one of us are really put on the spot, lol.

you can email me or pm me or post here, but let me know what module database data needs to be ported (and if you want to save a module's data, make sure you have a module in mind that you want the data ported to)

it's best to tell me like this:
default nuke news -> default XOOPS news
enhanced downloads -> wf-downloads

etc.
i have to know exactly which modules are the originating and target modules, so that i can setup the script properly

intel352
  • 2004/8/1 20:38

• intel352

• Module Developer

Here is a script that i wrote, based on the PostNuke to XOOPS conversion template. It's made to convert users, forums, news, downloads, weblinks, private messages, and groups.

NOTE: This script converts NSN Groups (from NukeScripts), I never used the PHP-Nuke built-in Group system that was introduced around 7.x. If you want to convert a non-NSN Groups table, you'll have to alter the script yourself.

This script was written with PHP-Nuke 6.8 + NSN-Groups as the site being converted to Xoops, so it is not guaranteed to work for your setup.

PHP-NUKE_TO_XOOPS CONVERTER

EDIT: BE SURE TO TEST THIS SCRIPT FIRST. I think there might be a glitch, trying to check and make sure (regarding the admin user access).

ALSO, this script removes any currently existing data except for what *should* stay (i.e.- admin user stays, XOOPS groups stay, everything else is removed)

YourHelp
  • 2004/8/1 21:16

• YourHelp

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/6/9 6

Hi Porkspeare

Just had to congratulate you on joining the XOOPS community you made an excellent choice. BIG WELCOME and enjoy!

intel352
  • 2004/8/1 22:27

• intel352

• Module Developer

i fixed the error, had forgotten to tell the script not to wipe out the admin user/admin group link.

i updated the zip file at the previously posted URL

Porkspeare
  • 2004/8/8 10:39

• Porkspeare

• Just popping in

Thanks alot guys.

Unfortunately my hard drive died last week and i've lost pretty much everything. I have managed to recover alot of data, but have lost the new site I was building! GUTTED!!

Anyway thanks for the help, i'll download the script.

intel352
  • 2004/8/8 15:34

• intel352

• Module Developer

sorry to hear about that, let us know how it goes

Login

Who's Online

425 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 425

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits