brian100
Can't login with Mozilla Firefox -- Solution
  • 2004/7/19 16:51

• brian100

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/7 2

Just upgraded to Firefox 0.9.2. Great browser but I couldn't log-in to sites like xoops.org or most other sites that required login (including my XOOPS sites and the mozilla support site). Could log in fine with IE.

This is a plugin (Mozilla calls them extensions) problem. I don't know which one, sorry. If you uninstall your plugins then delete your mozilla profile under "application data" (deleting the user profile is the most critical part), then uninstall and reinstall firefox--it will work again.

I am going to install my plugins one each day for a week or so and hopefully I'll find the particular culprit.

If you have lots of users, I'm guessing someone who uses your site will enounter this--I ran into several people asking the same question while I was searching for answers.
Brian

Herko
Re: Can't login with Mozilla Firefox -- Solution
  • 2004/7/19 20:02

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

I'm using firefox for a while now (since 0.6), and have had no such problems at all. Maybe it's your firewall software, or too high security settings??

Herko

brian100
  • 2004/7/21 7:19

• brian100

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/7 2

Not security--first thing I tried was lax security settings. Bear in mind I hadn't changed anything except for the extensions--firefox had been working fine with the site. Wasn't a cache issue either--kept clearing that. Turned firewall off so that wasn't it. The problem was shared by a few other firefox users who couldn't log on to mozzillazine (but all of us could log-on as usual with IE).

Here's how it went:
Firefox .92 worked fine.

Then I installed extensions--everything worked but log-in.

Deleted everything. (getting rid of extensions is a little bit of a pain until you learn how--the extension manager isn't very good at the uninstall part).

Firefox, fresh install worked fine.

Got bold and reinstalled extensions--couldn't login again.

Uninstall, delete, Firefox, fresh install--works fine.

So far haven't installed extensions to find out which one it was--frankly don't have time to mess it up again--would probably just go back to IE which I'd like to avoid.
Brian

Herko
  • 2004/7/21 7:30

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

I have the google bar and webdev extensions installed, but am experiencing no login problems at all. Make sure the extensions you install don't block HTTP HEADER information or cookies (similar to what a few firewalls do).

Herko

Chappy
  • 2004/7/21 8:32

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/14

Been using Firfox as my main browser for about six months now (with about an equal mumber of releases) and no problem here, either.

Login

Who's Online

158 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 158

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits