Hugehead
Themes (CSS Styles) not showing up in browsers other then IE
  • 2004/7/19 11:54

• Hugehead

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/19

Greetings all.

It's probably something overtly stupid I'm doing but, although any number of themes show up just fine in IE...these same themes do NOT show up in Firefox or Netscape. All you see on those two platforms is all the data with none of the graphics or CSS styling. Just a white page with text.

I'm sure someone likely has asked this question before and the answer is simple but, I was unable to find such as post.

Your wisdom and guidance is much appreciated!

XOOPs ROCKS!

Regards,
HH

ackbarr
Re: Themes (CSS Styles) not showing up in browsers other then IE

do you have an url that displays this problem? I have used Firefox as my primary browser since it was called Phoenix (0.5) and have never run across this issue.

Herko
  • 2004/7/19 13:33

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

The only thing I can think of, is that there are 2 extra CS files in th etheme folder: styleNN.css and styleMac.css, that are empty of styles, and will render the default style definitions useless... But that's a longshot.

Herko

Hugehead
  • 2004/7/19 13:45

• Hugehead

• Just popping in

Thanks for the fast response guys! I really love what you've done with XOOPs and I hope I can figure out what I've done wrong here so I can get this site designed and launched.

You can see the dev site here: http://www.hugehead.ca/protectors/html

Thanks again!

regards,
HH

ackbarr

ok - looks like your apache webserver is serving up css files using the mime type 'text/plain' instead of 'text/css'. Standards compliant browsers (Mozilla, Firefox, Opera, Safari) will ignore these css files. To get around this issue, we need to tell apache to serve the files as 'text/css'

Try creating a .htaccess file in your root web directory with the following contents:
AddType text/css css

Source of Solution

Hugehead
  • 2004/7/19 15:27

• Hugehead

• Just popping in

Thanks!!

The htacess file didn't seem to do the trick so, I called the server admin and he's resolved the problem on this particular server. Seems to be fine in Firefox at least!

Again, thanks for the time and help!

Regards,
HH

Login

Who's Online

449 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 449

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits