phanoko
Event Planning
  • 2004/7/15 20:26

• phanoko

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/1/22

I'm looking for an event planning module. Actually I'm planning my Wedding and would like to use XOOPS to help. Also wanted to be able to send E-Invitations and allow people to accept so if anyone has any ideas let me know. :)

Casey
Re: Event Planning
  • 2004/7/23 19:50

• Casey

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/18

I'm currently setting up the same XOOPS for the exact same situation and I've written one module (though its pre-release right now). If you can give specifics on what features you'd be like I could almost certainly help out. It helps even more if you divide them up by modules, and talk about how exactly they would work :).

phanoko
  • 2004/7/25 20:25

• phanoko

• Just popping in

The best would be a RSVP module that perhaps asked for a guest name and if a choice of dinner then it would ask then. Is there any place I can see what you've done so far? I'm really bad a modules but if I can help in any way let me know.
I found another site using tiny_cal and it' ok for static stuff.

rocket98
  • 2004/7/25 20:39

• rocket98

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/2 2

Hi,

I found a event guide on a japanese XOOPS site. I have it installed it includes english language files. Have not had time to play with it much. Yopu could try it see if it meets your need.

eGuide Download

Regards,
rocket98

Casey
  • 2004/7/29 19:16

• Casey

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/18

Currently I've got a list of guests that the admin can edit, add, delete, etc. It also includes RSVP status. I had thought about having the guests register themselves but then figured that most people wouldn't go to the trouble. I intend to have it dump out the data in a comma-delimited text file for easy use in generating address labels. When someone RSVPs then an admin would change the status. The idea of doing the whole invite/RSVP thing online is interesting however. I will have to think about whether or not I have time to do that much. I could probably do it so that the user wouldn't have to register (though at a slight cost to security, of course :-/).

phanoko
  • 2004/8/10 21:26

• phanoko

• Just popping in

I was thinking for E-invitations.
One idea would be to make a user for each and then script the welcome to XOOPS user welcome email to the invitations and then they could click on the link to rsvp. Then all users that were live would be coming..

Login

Who's Online

162 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 162

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits