DobePhat
xcGallery - quickie questions
  • 2004/7/10 14:44

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/15

Hi: sorry I also posted this in a comment to an old article...it go so lost I couldn't even find it...so I post here for luck!

Re: xcGallery - quickie questions
Hello,

I've finally decided on an image gallery and think this one will work just fine for us. However, I have one problem and 2 questions.

I keep getting the notice that as admin I have no permissions for uploading to that album....

Is there a way to have the e-cards option disabled? NOt even shown? (I think its brilliant...but actually cant afford the bandwidth or time to reveal to users just yet)

Re:prefered image manager?

I'm a little confused by this. Everyone is talking like their is a default image manager and we all have it. Do we? which one? If not, do we just install one? Which is best?

Thanks a lot everyone....
Great work as always!
-----
Xoops KIX!

m0nty
  • 2004/7/10 18:43

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

most servers that have php enabled will also have installed the GD or GD2 image library's.. which u can use with xcgal.. GD2 is better than GD if it's available..

or you could use NetPBM which is what i used, altho u will have to find some pre compiled binaries if you don't have root access to your server.. let me know if you want to use netpbm and i'll zip the binaries up that i used with xcgal (providing ur server is linux/unix based) cos i only have binaries for that O/S..

or there is Imagemagik which by all means is pretty good, but requires root access to install, and i could never find any already compiled binaries for it.

the chances are you will have GD installed, even better if you have GD2 as it's just as functional as netpbm.. you can find out what version you have by using a phpinfo script.. and looking for the GD class and check the version number..

if you only have GD 1 installed, then you may find it better to use NetPBM, but if you have GD2 then there wouldn't be much difference between using either of them..

DobePhat
  • 2004/7/13 3:18

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

thanks a lot for the info!

Now my only problem Is I canrt seem to get permissions to upload an image/album!

uhm...

I have just about all the files 777 and still no good.
This module IS compatable with gloabls off right?

Thanks peeps!

DobePhat
  • 2004/7/16 14:24

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

anyone?

Much appreciated....the module seems very promising. Im either overlooking something or it's not compatiable with my setup/.

irmtfan
  • 2004/7/16 15:13

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

is ur album folder writable by server? look at admin --> user manager and check this.
update module probably help u.

DobePhat
  • 2004/7/17 7:11

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

YEs quite a few permissions to set...the admin is a bit troublesome. But I think Im finally getting it. But how to simplify for member useage...

Also, although a great feature....would like to disable the ecards feature. Is that just a matter of limiting permissions.

I also realized I had gd2 extension not gd which helps with the thumbnmails.

This module could use some documentation..

I'd be happy to share what I find...is there a wiki for it anywhere?

-Cheers

Login

Who's Online

396 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 396

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits