tedsmith
'No Input FIle Specified' Error
  • 2004/6/24 12:41

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

OK, having climbed the mountain of learning how to set up IIS, then plug PHP into it, then set up MYSQL, and eventually getting XOOPS to install on our server, I have one last grueling flip to climb over!!

Does anyone know what 'No Input File Specified' means? The XOOPS site has been set up and connects to the database and I can log in. However, whenever I click on ANY of the links on the site I simply get that error message. I have PHP 4.3.6 by the way

Reseacrh on the net suggests that its to do with IIS but most people don't have the answer. The best one I found was that I 'should go to Admin page, then General Preferences and change the value for Force Query Strings to yes, instead of no'. Unfortunately I don't know what admin page or what general settings he means. I can't find anything in IIS Manager for that.

Other people say its because php is designed for Apache (cgi) and not IIS (which uses ISAPI???).

Can anyone help me with this final hurdle?

Herko
Re: 'No Input FIle Specified' Error
  • 2004/6/24 12:45

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

www.iis-resources.com is a XOOPS powered site, they should know more, perhaps.

Herko

tedsmith
  • 2004/6/24 13:21

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

Looked on his site and sent the webmaster an e-mail.

In the meantime though, there is one posting that relates to the same problem and he said he hadn't seen it before, and instead e-mailed the person a copy of his php.ini file, which appears to have worked. So not sure what it could be?

tedsmith
  • 2004/6/25 9:09

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

Hi guys

Well, eventually I got it sussed. I did indeed utilise an article that iis-resources.com produced locatable herehttp://www.iis-resources.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=4.

Anyway, the problems were, it turns out, as follows (I think, because it now works - hooray !)

1) I had nothing specified in the doc_root of my php.ini file. So I told it to use the folder on the server used by the Intranet and IIS.
2) I had no session.save_path value. So I created a temp folder in my web sites root folder and told it to use that.
3) Permissions for IUSR_[ournetworkname] and IIS_WPG had not been set for BOTH the php folder and the site folder. I had just set it for the php folder! And it wasn't until last night that I realised about those particular permissions either.
4) In IIS I removed the ISAPI filters reference that I had made of both the web site, and the Default Web Site specified in IIS, and just ensured that php.exe was in the Home Directory's Configuration listing.

After that, it seemed to work. I have a feeling the doc_root and the permissions was the main problem though.

Hopefully my distress and eventual problem solving may help someone else in the same position. Perhaps it could be added to the XOOPS guide (I realise XOOPS is not written for IIS but clearly some people do use the two together, either through preference, or force!).

Anyway, its working now, thank god, so I can work on fine tuning security etc later.

Thanks for all your help, and a great community.

Thanks

Ted

Login

Who's Online

118 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 118

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits