pcmensch
Administrator File Upload Module
  • 2004/6/22 18:15

• pcmensch

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/21

Hello! I did install XOOPS for the first time yesterday. and Im already starting to love it!!

What im hardly missing is an upload feature for the admin. F.eg. I'd like to have a 'personalupload' directory where ONLY the administartor is able to upload.

In a second step I can, if I want to, link the file in the download area.

Or does sometihing like this already exist?

thanks indeed!
chris

chapi
Re: Administrator File Upload Module
  • 2004/6/22 19:13

• chapi

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/1/22

There is downloads module with upload functionality available for download on the following site ...

http://wfsections.xoops2.com

pcmensch
  • 2004/6/22 19:44

• pcmensch

• Just popping in

thanks a lot! i did download the script and i wanted to install it, but the original download module 'mydownloads' has the same name as the new one!

unfortunatelly there is no info about how installing it. do you know if i can just overwrite the old version?

thanks indeed again!
chris

m0nty
  • 2004/6/22 20:15

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

u can just overwrite the existing, but i would uninstall the old 1st, and then copy the wfsection to the modules folder, overwriting the old 1..

then goto modules and install again.. as the database tables are slightly different..

on a side note tho, the user upload function doesn't work in the current version, so disable user uploads for now in the admin panel of the module.. u can upload via admin as it stands.

in the next release of wfdownloads, the bug is fixed along with many others and they have changed the directory structure so that it's not mydownloads anymore it will be my_downloads or wf_downloads.. but we'll have to wait for the new version.. shouldn't be too long now by the looks of things..

pcmensch
  • 2004/6/23 8:03

• pcmensch

• Just popping in

hi m0nty!

thanks a lot for your help. may you pls help me for the last time? i did install the new download module by

1) uninstallnig the old one
2) installing the new one

I did not get any error. seems the install was correct. I created a new download category named TEST. but whenenver i try to upload something, i get an ERROR (its really just a generic error, the script doesnt specify why or what).

Im just wondering that in the 'new download' form it says:

Allowed File Types:
|

do i have to specify which kind of files are allowed? if yes where do i have to do it? can i leave it blank to all all kind?

thanks a lot!!!

Catzwolf
  • 2004/6/23 11:45

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Quote:

pcmensch wrote:
hi m0nty!

Im just wondering that in the 'new download' form it says:

Allowed File Types:
|

do i have to specify which kind of files are allowed? if yes where do i have to do it? can i leave it blank to all all kind?

thanks a lot!!!

@pcmensch:

You shall need to set which types of files that the admin will be allowed to upload. You can do this by selecting the mimetypes in the module settings.

Liquid

Login

Who's Online

185 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 185

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits