mcwrath
Module cache reset?
  • 2004/6/14 2:19

• mcwrath

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/23

Is there a quick way to reset a modules cache? When I have them set for a period of time, then anything new I submit does not show up unless I wait it out, or turn off the cache. I would like a quick way, maybe on the admin main menu, to refresh the caches. IF there is already a way to do this, please let me know.

Tim

tl
Re: Module cache reset?
  • 2004/6/14 2:27

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

You can "speed" up the expiration of the cached pages by deleting them from the cache directory (edited, )

Stewdio
  • 2004/6/14 2:30

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Caching is best used for things that are more static in nature, like a contact page, articles, about us, etc. Things like news and forums should not be cached for longer then 30 seconds to a minute because of the dynamic nature if this type of content.

Choose your caching wisely and you will find a good balance.

mcwrath
  • 2004/6/14 2:36

• mcwrath

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/23

I am trying to find that balance. At times our site gets so busy that a blank white page comes up. I dont know what causes it, but my guess is that it either exceeded the number of DB connections, or the scripting engine couldnt keep up. I havnt seen the problem since turning on the caches (I set most of them to 1 hour). I backed most of them off to between 1 and 30 minutes. Hopefully that will stike a good balance.

Login

Who's Online

118 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 118

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits