damjam
Looking for a good classified ads module
  • 2004/6/12 16:26

• damjam

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/30

Has anyone tried porting Noah's Classifieds into a XOOPS module? It has enough features to make it quite useful and it runs smoothly. If only it could be made to use the XOOPS core login system.

I've seen posts referring to multi-menu where, I gather you can set up your own main menu and set group permissions so users could access an outside application without a separate login(?) Haven't been able to find it or sufficient docs to tell me what it really does.

I have MyAds in the french->english version but the english needs a lot of work. I tried to get the japanese version that several folks indicated has a better english translation but the downloaded file from their site is a tar file and my Winzip won't open it. It reports that the file is empty.

In MyAds there is a long list of constants defining english phrases that are ultimately combined to make sentences displayed in the app and in the notification emails. My last resort will be to take on the tedious task of piecing together the various combinations to make good english phrasing so I can use it.

Just hoping there's a simpler alternative.

domineaux
Re: Looking for a good classified ads module
  • 2004/6/12 17:39

• domineaux

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/29

I'm using Noah on a couple sites. I use the multimenu and have a link to the Noah separate from Xoops.

I've not had any problems, except I had to spend a couple hours making the Noah pages look like my XOOPS pages.

Seems to work fine, but it does require separate registration and it is a very simple registration. Security is pretty low I'd say.

I used the MyAds back in 1+ versions of Xoops, but it was not a well supported mod even then. If you're a good coder you might be able to do something with it, but frankly I think it will require some very conscientious efforts to make it a viable mod.

-----------------------

damjam
  • 2004/6/12 17:42

• damjam

• Just popping in

What is multimenu?

domineaux
  • 2004/6/12 17:56

• domineaux

• Quite a regular

It's a mod you can acquire from this site. It uses hyperlinks so it's pretty simple mod.

I think it's included in one of those download mod packages that has a bunch of mods.

domineaux
  • 2004/6/12 17:56

• domineaux

• Quite a regular

It's a mod you can acquire from this site. It uses hyperlinks so it's pretty simple mod.

I think it's included in one of those download mod packages that has a bunch of mods.

damjam
  • 2004/6/12 18:02

• damjam

• Just popping in

I think you might be referring to the Brasil Pack.

How is multimenu different from simply making a custom block containing hyperlinks?

Anonymous
  • 2004/6/23 17:20

• Anonymous

• Since:

Where do I find this Noah???

pcmensch
  • 2004/6/23 17:36

• pcmensch

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/21

hello! are there no more advanced classifieds available for xoops? I would need one for a db with about 25,000 ads. the mod should have admin validation, multiple pictures (or even gallery) as well as private email stuff.

Anonymous
  • 2004/6/23 17:43

• Anonymous

• Since:

im looking at this Noah classifieds now...looks interesting so far PCMENSCH.....
http://classifieds.phpoutsourcing.com/install.php

I really need a job board on my site, im dying for one....

Anonymous
  • 2004/6/23 19:55

• Anonymous

• Since:

Ok I have downloaded the NOAH and PHP4...but i have no idea how to implement this...does anyone have any idea? esp. this PHP4....

eq

Login

Who's Online

232 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 232

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits