frogger
Adding a <script> to xoop's header, and an onload function
  • 2004/6/10 22:18

• frogger

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/10

What do I need to do to be able to edit the header? I looked around in the files, even "grepped" xoops, searching it in and out. But, in all of this, i could not find the place where I was to edit?

EDIT: well, I started to look closely at header.php, but i couldn't see anything that looked like the header...

zoullou
Re: Adding a <script> to xoop's header, and an onload function
  • 2004/6/10 22:45

• zoullou

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/3/2 0

If it's a javascript why you don't add your script in theme.html

frogger
  • 2004/6/10 23:15

• frogger

• Just popping in

well, it's a activex object, but I assume I will just put it in themes...

EDIT: OK, so I did the edits in themes, then inserted my activex script into my block, XOOPS shows nothing, nor does it show any errors in IE...

ackbarr

Go into your Admin panel: System -> Preferences -> General Settings, and turn on "Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?" then try to view your modified theme again. If you still don't see any changes, remove the cached theme files from /template_c/

The files will be named something like this:
{themename}^theme.html

frogger
  • 2004/6/11 2:07

• frogger

• Just popping in

Did both of those things, but still didn't display it. But, it did help something, when I open my sites source directly from the page, I can see the code all in there now. What could be the problem? I wondered if some tags were messing with the control?
Anyway, thanks for the amount of help so far, I just wish I could have much more interactive blocks besides text. I have had trouble with other scripts like javascript in blocks before, but this I just had to get fixed.

frogger
  • 2004/6/11 2:52

• frogger

• Just popping in

AH HA!!! I found the problem! After just ripping out veriousm parts of the main page, I finally found the problem: The time counter!

I'm not really sure why this could be a problem, but it is, so, I guess I'll just have to keep it out...

Login

Who's Online

175 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 1

Guests: 174

ForMusS,

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!