go4inet
New Theme's cannot install !
  • 2004/6/4 9:16

• go4inet

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/17

Hi XOOPS team,

Site is going damn good with my XOOPS ! Now I wanted ti update my XOOPS with a cool skin. So download "Zaja-System", which is the best for a Technology Site like mine.

But the problem is I have selected "Zaja-System" as my default skin under my Admin Preferences, and still I could see my site loading with the new skin, whereas its works with my old skin. Please help me ASAP !

Regards,
GO4I.NET

JackJ
Re: New Theme's cannot install !
  • 2004/6/4 9:37

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

While you are logged in XOOPS will remember the theme you are currently using as a default.

You can manually change this default if you go to System Admin-> Blocks and activate the "Themes" block. Then go to General Settings and make the new Theme "selectable". Then select your new theme from the block.

go4inet
  • 2004/6/4 9:46

• go4inet

• Just popping in

Quote:

JackJ wrote:
While you are logged in XOOPS will remember the theme you are currently using as a default.

You can manually change this default if you go to System Admin-> Blocks and activate the "Themes" block. Then go to General Settings and make the new Theme "selectable". Then select your new theme from the block.

no ! i get what u were saying, but still i wanna make this my default one & i dont want users to select the theme from the block. is there anyway to bring this as my default & i dont wanna selectin ![

Herko
  • 2004/6/4 9:49

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Yes, what you need to do is make the theme selectable, or else the system will not display it at all and switch to the default theme. Just give it a try

Herko

JackJ
  • 2004/6/4 9:54

• JackJ

All you have done is manually make your "default" your new theme. I said above that XOOPS remembers your default theme "while you are logged in. Did you try logging out? Users that visit your site will be greeted with the theme you set as default in general settings.

Simply de-activate the block again and your new theme will be your default forever. You can also hide the block from users in System Admin->Groups?

The themes block is also a handy tool for editing themes online, you can change your default, but users will only get the default theme you have set up

go4inet
  • 2004/6/4 15:14

• go4inet

• Just popping in

hey guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i just did as u told... now my site is sucked....
i cannot view the theme...and when i try to log into my admin panel... i am unable to login box....please help me..

i am screwed ! www.go4i.net/user.php ( can't see this )
and www.go4i.net ( not opening )

please help me ASAP ! Please !!

go4inet
  • 2004/6/4 16:29

• go4inet

• Just popping in

make it fast guys....i am screwed.....

JackJ
  • 2004/6/4 16:35

• JackJ

try wwww.yoursite.com/user.php

and then if you manage to login type this in your browser

www.yoursite.com/admin.php

If not and assuming everything was ok with your old theme it could be this one was not uploaded or named correctly. Check the name of the theme folder on your server, it should be Zaja-System with the capital S and Z, exactly as is.

this is the theme you uploaded to:

www.yoursite.com/themes

You can't change the name though till you get this sorted because XOOPS is looking for the theme with that name.

You can delete the files inside the Zaja-System folder and upload the files in the "default" folder for example, but you may need to rename some of the paths to the left and right blocks in the theme.html file and change them to Zaja-System rather than "default i.e.

<{include file="default/theme_blockleft.html"}>
<{include file="Zaja-System/theme_blockleft.html"}>

their is about five of these paths

go4inet
  • 2004/6/4 17:34

• go4inet

• Just popping in

hey man !!!!

i am really screwed...please help me !!!!
i am in deep trouble ! did all i cud....but not come out !

go4inet
  • 2004/6/4 17:45

• go4inet

• Just popping in

i have checked everything...and stilll u guys made me ...
please help !

Login

Who's Online

221 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 221

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits