Rjupiter
Xoops & Virues??? I got a Trojan??
  • 2004/5/30 22:42

• Rjupiter

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/1/27

Well I set up this site http://www.prettybrush.net with XOOPS obviously for a friend of mine well someone emailed her and said that something he got off the site had a trojan. Now I know that it did not come from my computer, IE the files I uploaded for the site but he says he got. Now what I want to know is that possible? and what can I do to fix it if it is.

m0nty
Re: Xoops & Virues??? I got a Trojan??
  • 2004/5/30 22:56

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

i seriously doubt it came from XOOPS installation or we'd all be detecting a trojan..

trojans need to be downloaded and executed..

maybe 1 of the files in the mydownloads, what's been submitted may have a trojan.. but i can assure you 100% that the XOOPS files downloaded from this site are virus/trojan free!!

a little more info regarding the name of the trojan would be handy too, we could get info then on what trojan it is so that we can find out how it works..

Rjupiter
Re: Xoops & Virues??? I got a Trojan??
  • 2004/5/30 23:50

• Rjupiter

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/1/27

That is what I thought myself and wanted to confirm it. I don't allow uploads to the site so I am thinking either this guy/girl had it before or it was in one of the original .zip files for the downloads that I got from the person who site it is.

I am still waiting to hear back from her and I will keep you updated with the name etc.. as I am really interested in finding out exatcly what is going on.

Login

Who's Online

197 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 197

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits