plubius
How do you install a module?
  • 2004/5/28 15:13

• plubius

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/24

I have looked all over and I cannot find how to do this. Please direct me to how this is done or just tell me how here in this thread. Thanks.

limecity
Re: How do you install a module?
  • 2004/5/28 15:24

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

Easy..
Click ADministration on the user menu

then from there
u see a icon call SYSTEM ADMIN
click it..

next you click MODULE
then u will see many icons below..

On the Action column,
click on the INSTALL BUTTON

then it will redirect u to another page..
click INSTALL..

thats all!

plubius
  • 2004/5/28 17:51

• plubius

• Just popping in

How do you upload modules that you download? In what directory do they go? When I uploaded using the file manager the homeworlds zip and extracted it and then went to the admin menu it said it could not find some of the module files.

Mithrandir

e.g. News module is unpacked in xoopsroot/modules/news

In that folder, the xoops_version.php of the module must be for the module to be recognized by XOOPS, so be careful if the module files in the .zip/.tar.gz package has a longer path.

plubius
  • 2004/5/29 13:46

• plubius

• Just popping in

I think I understand now. You have to go to the modules and create the folder for the new module first. Then you go to that folder and upload the zip and then extract it there. I was under the belief that it created the subdirectory for you like it does when you upload a new theme.

For example if I wanted to upload the Frozen Bubble mod, I would go to the modules directory and manually create a Frozen Bubble folder or subdirectory and then upload and unpack the zip there?

Dave_L
  • 2004/5/29 14:26

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Correct. Except that I usually unpack the .zip into a temporary directory, and then move the unpacked files into the desired location. That avoids problems due to mistakes in unzipping, or extraneous files or missing paths in the .zip, etc.

kahumbu
  • 2004/5/29 15:52

• kahumbu

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/8/23

Just remember the structure of the module folders: <xoops_root_path>/modules/<module_folder>/<module_files>

Some modules may be packaged to be installed on the root directory, especially those that need some changes in some other files, while some need a module folder created before it can be uploaded.

Most modules come with a readme file. But if not, if you know the directory structures of the modules, and the downloaded module, you should be fine.

plubius
  • 2004/5/29 18:45

• plubius

• Just popping in

ok, thanks a million. I will try it and preak and tone this and that until I figure it completely out. Wonderful little thing is this xoops. Kind of like a website in a can, just add water and simmer for 15 minutes.

Login

Who's Online

234 user(s) are online (157 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 234

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits