Flazz
alt tags in forum
  • 2004/5/28 13:59

• Flazz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/14

Its been brought to my attention that under the rules of the disabilty act of 1995 all UK commercial websites must have alt tags for their images for the blind.

Fine

Just one problem

I can't find how to do this for the newbb modual. I need alt tags for the new post, no new post, locked etc images. I have tried putting them in the config.php (where there is a list of all images used) however the page just wouldn't load then.

Could anyone help here as it seems My client, there for me. can be sued for inadiquate disabilty access.

studioC
Re: alt tags in forum
  • 2004/5/28 14:29

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/7

hello flazz ..
you are right ..
Quote:
Its been brought to my attention that under the rules of the disabilty act of 1995 all UK commercial websites must have alt tags for their images for the blind.

look at the templatefiles of newbb [ you will find them in admin -> templatemanager ] there you will find the tags which you can edit .. [perhaps you will use title="" and longdesc="" as well ... ]

btw.: before you are able to edit templatefiles ... make a clone of default templateset, then you can edit the clone ...

here you will find a nice howto from terry ..
http://dcdezines.ca/modules/articles/article.php?articleID=7
which describes howto make a clone of templatesets...

michael

Flazz
Re: alt tags in forum
  • 2004/6/24 13:45

• Flazz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/14

Just got back around to sorting the alt tags out, so many problems so little time. So thanks for the info. Just one more problem, if you dont mind.

I have given alt tags to forum images that appear above the threads and below. However the images that actully change (i.e to show a new post or what not) are all named the same no matter if they are new or not. Shorly the point would be to change the alt tag as well as the image. Any idea how i tell it to do this?

The problem is

Quote:

archie

here i have alt taged it archie, just for show. Now all the images (new post or no new post) is alt taged "archie" can i remadie this so that the image as a relevent tag?

hope that made sence

Login

Who's Online

503 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 503

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits