m0nty
Strange Issues with Cache & XCgal
  • 2004/5/18 14:33

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

for a few days the xcgallery on my site has been displaying differnt pictures to what the users have been clicking on..

they only reported this last night, and apparently it's been doing it for some time.. lol

every time you clicked on a thumbnail, it took you to a completely different image..

after much figuring out, going thru the database cross referencing album id's with picture id's and category id's etc, and finding no problems etc.. other than a quick optimize of tables..

it seemed to clear itself up till i closed my browser window.. then it happened again..

so this morning after further investigation, i decided to disable the cache for xcgal.. this instantly sorted the problem out.. turned the cache on again, and the problem started again..

is there anyway to improve the cache updating etc for xcgal, as my members upload over 50 - 60 images a day at times so i would like to keep MySQL queries to a minimum..

javier
Re: Strange Issues with Cache & XCgal
  • 2004/8/13 8:45

• javier

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/8/6 1

I have the same problem,
Somebody had this problem too?

grettings.

lswon
  • 2004/8/14 1:36

• lswon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/10

I also have the same problem and currently have cache disabled for xcgal

djsckizo
  • 2004/8/14 2:36

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/9 8

i've never had cache enabled on mine because i figured i'd get some kind of a static problem, like if you leave cache on for the login...it ends up displaying it constantly. this isn't what i would have expected, but i can see why it's doing it...the cached pages vs. the page you are wanting to see are conflicting. since i just got off work and my brain is jello at the moment, i'm probably not making any sense so i might come back later and try to re-explain what i mean, if i can understand myself lol

Forlorndeeds

I too have it as well.
Also, do some of your users see "Admin Mode" Or is that suppose to happen also? I've also noticed that, when I go into the xcgal... mrrrmmm..

djsckizo
  • 2004/8/14 7:02

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/9 8

I believe it just has to do with the cache page bringing up old information from when others viewed pages...the admin one would be from you viewing it and having the admin link called in for you.

Login

Who's Online

176 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 176

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits