Sheeoni
Change Position of Blocks on Page?
  • 2004/5/13 12:32

• Sheeoni

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/3 1

Hello everyone! Sorry to post and ask for help again so soon but I hope this will be an easy to answer question. I can't figure out how I can move sections of my page. For instance, in my right blocks I have (from top of page to bottom) Polls, Shoutbox, MiniCalendar and coming events. How would I move the Polls to the bottom of right side of the page instead of the top? Also, my recent links... they are posting above my latest news. I want to move that under the news. Lastly, the pulldown menu for News Topic will not go away... I have selected no to the configuration option that says "Select yes to display navigation box at the top of each news page" and I just don't know why it won't listen to me. >=\ If you all would like to see what I am referencing to understand my question better, it can be found at

http://www.sirens-best.net/xoop

Thank you all so much

oh.. one more question while I'm at it. How can I get the link bar at the top of the page to work? IE clicking forum would take you to forum but it isn't doing that at the moment..

Herko
Re: Change Position of Blocks on Page?
  • 2004/5/13 13:19

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

For the block positioning: use the 'weight' of each block. The weight defines the order in which blocks are shown. Those with more wieght are lower then those with less weight. So, if you have 4 blocks, give the first block weight 10, the next one 20, etc. Using these numbers gives you enough room to add blocks in between later.

Herko

Sheeoni
  • 2004/5/13 14:41

• Sheeoni

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/3 1

Thank you Herko!! =)~~* Works like a charm for the positioning. I didn't understand what the weights were for..

Do you think you would be able to tell me exactly why the dropdown menu is still at the top of my page?

***EDIT***
Nevermind, I'm a moron. I finally figured out it was a block, and shut it off.. lol. Thanks so much for the help!

Bender
  • 2004/5/13 14:46

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

[Edit]-not needed anymore- (too slow before edit of earlier post)

Login

Who's Online

161 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 161

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits