tatteeman
IP address issue in who's online
  • 2004/5/11 1:31

• tatteeman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/5 8

First off, let me tell you that i love this forum.. I installed about 2 weeks ago and certainly , i found some bugs, however minor and using your forum, was able to address all of them. However, I ran across a couple flaws, in two areas of which i havent been able to solve or find info on in your forum...

1. Members when logged in and view the who's online 'more' window they can see everyones ip's. This is one problem i would certainly like to fix immediately.

2. Secondly and lastly, a member who wishes to block his email address from public view, after unchecking the box 'display address in forum' in ones profile update, finds that this service doesnt actually work. Is there a known remedie for this.

Thank you all for addressing my concerns. Its appreciated.
And again, nice work.

Tatt

limecity
Re: IP address issue in who's online
  • 2004/5/11 2:05

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

If i am not mistaken..
there is a Hack in the download section..
to remove the IP address from showing in WHOS ONLINE...

About your 2nd issue..
i have no idea about that..
It works for me though.

tl
  • 2004/5/11 2:12

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

Quote:
1. Members when logged in and view the who's online 'more' window they can see everyones ip's. This is one problem i would certainly like to fix immediately.

Which version are you using? Under XOOPS 2.0.6 only admin can view user IPs.

Quote:
after unchecking the box 'display address in forum' in ones profile update

Then again, which version are we talking about?

Once we had a guy asking for help solving e-xoops problem, hope you have got the right forum.

tatteeman
  • 2004/5/11 5:44

• tatteeman

• Just popping in

oops ... sorry.. I read and reread that post and it just escaped me to put the version. My apologeez..

Its 2.0.6 and even though only admin are supposed to be able to see the ip's... all members can. Shall i try downloading another module and updating?

tatt

tl
  • 2004/5/11 12:26

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

Quote:
Shall i try downloading another module and updating?

Newbb comes with XOOPS 2.0.6, you don't need to download. It seems that you are using something else. If that is the case, you would have to get help from the person who hacked the module.

In official XOOPS 2.0.6 only admin can view IPs, and there is no such thing as 'display address in forum' under user account (you can double-check Who's Online and Edit Account on this site). Not sure how did you end up with the two issues.

tatteeman
  • 2004/5/12 8:31

• tatteeman

• Just popping in

Its the newbb 2,0.6 right from this site... im not using any hacked version from any other developer.. im using two themes for choice, the default phpkaox and a second, 4metal, another from your team. There is nothing in the install out of the ordinary.... all was done to your recommendations.. im just stumped.

tatteeman
  • 2004/5/25 18:31

• tatteeman

• Just popping in

ok.. i figerred it out on my own... seems the values on the user.php file re: members and admin for the who's on-line were reversed. And thats how they came on download. Its remedied.. thanx

Tatteeman

Login

Who's Online

202 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 202

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits