carrie
Xoops Users to IPB
  • 2004/5/4 14:55

• carrie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/12

I have IPB v1.3 installed at my site, which includes the Downloads System mod by bfarber. My question is, is it possible for XOOPS users to register at my website and also be registered in the forums? I basically need a way to integrate the XOOPS registration with the IPB. I've seen that a hack is available for integrating IPB to Xoops, but I need it the other way around. I have tried the IPB module and it works great, but unfortuately it does not convert over the downloads system. I would like to keep the downloads system with the IPB because it is the basis for the file exchange at my site. Any help you can give me on this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

carrie
Re: Xoops Users to IPB
  • 2004/5/10 13:33

• carrie

• Just popping in

Anyone?

m0nty
  • 2004/5/10 15:46

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

nope, you're out of luck this time unfortunately..

but it would be possible to convert the download hack that you have on your existing ipb if you could send the link for people to download the hack..

i would attempt it, but it maybe more complicated than i cud deal with, but koudanshi would be able to without problems..

domineaux
  • 2004/5/10 19:43

• domineaux

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/29

Koudanshi Mod should do what you want to do

You can register through XOOPS or IPB. I use the IPB, because registration is much more secure.

I'm not having any problems with this mod. A year ago with earlier versions...yes, but not now.

The downloads IPB mod will probably work as well, but you may have to rebuild it. The Koudanshi IPBoard installs inside XOOPS as a Module. Dependent up on the files you have to alter for the downloads, you may be able to do a copy paste.

carrie
  • 2004/5/11 16:21

• carrie

• Just popping in

I tried moving the download mod with the IPB mod for Xoops, but it didn't convert over. I've asked about it at BBPixel, but have not received any responses. Does anyone know if there's a way to just move the users from XOOPS over to the IPB so they don't have to register again? Thanks for your help.

m0nty
  • 2004/5/11 17:43

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

is the XOOPS mydownloads module not good enuff for what you require as it seems to have many of the functions this mod has.. other than the posting to forums when downloads are submitted.. and a few other minor things..

the rc2 release works well and allows group permissions..

i've downloaded the mod ur talking about and i'll take a look at the code later and see if i can work on this for you, but i can't promise anything..

carrie
  • 2004/5/11 20:06

• carrie

• Just popping in

The mydownloads mod that comes with XOOPS works great. Having a file exchange with the IPB forum is more for the community though. My site focuses on RollerCoaster Tycoon and The Sims, two games that generate a lot of user created downloads. With a file exchange, people can upload their designs without sending them to me first. It's a good way to get the community more involved I guess you could say. I put hosted designer files and my files in the regular database. I've tried the rc2 mydownloads mod, but had many problems with it. I might give it another go if the IPB downloads mod doesn't work out for me. If you're able to come up with anything for IPB, it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

domineaux
  • 2004/5/12 12:01

• domineaux

• Quite a regular

This is a very good database download tool. It allows for a team members to upload. It's very simple, but works flawlessly.

Use it with MultiMenu and access through direct hyperlink, since it is a standalone script (not Xoops)

Click to acquire the PAfileDB

carrie
  • 2004/5/12 13:49

• carrie

• Just popping in

Yes, I am very familiar with paFileDB. Thanks for the link. I might also give it a try if the other options don't work. Thanks again for all of your help.

domineaux
  • 2004/5/12 14:01

• domineaux

• Quite a regular

I think 7dana is probably a good referral for PaFileDB. Used by 7dana for XOOPS themes downloads.

A good XOOPS mod would be more secure, allowing uploads with admin approvals.

Login

Who's Online

286 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 286

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits