zoltron
xoops and php5
  • 2004/4/30 13:15

• zoltron

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/5/14

I was just wondering if the future version of xoop will take full advantage of new version of php making it fully oo. Not that its not now, but there there is a lot more options/support for oo in php5.

Anyways just wanted to know which way the development of XOOPS is going.

Mithrandir
Re: xoops and php5

XOOPS will not be less OO in the future

DonXoop

Quote:

Mithrandir wrote:
XOOPS will not be less OO in the future

If you take the OO out we will have to change the name from XOOPS to XPS. That doesn't sound right to me so let's stay OO.

zoltron
  • 2004/4/30 13:43

• zoltron

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/5/14

What i mean is that v5 will make php a fully oo language. Right now v4 is not and so there are a lot of limitations to it when it comes to oop. I already know that XOOPS is oo, but just wondering if you guys will take advantage of v5 new capabilities or will you stick with v4.

btw thanks for the quick reply

Herko
  • 2004/4/30 13:56

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

The problem with this is simple: backward compatibility. The question is how many hosting providers will move their platforms to PHP5 (look at howmany use Apache 2 by now and how long that has been around). Eventually, we will support PHP5, and we will move toward this rather quickly, as it is a big improvement. But backward compatibility is also high on the agenda (higher then supporting PHP5, IMHO).

Herko

Login

Who's Online

206 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 206

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits