Anonymous
A Final Question before I go to PhpNuke
  • 2004/4/25 9:58

• Anonymous

• Since:

You think I may be spamming, or asking to many questions?
Well let me ask you something (everyone)

Where did you learn about FTP uploading?
Where did you learn CHMOD and 777?
Where did you learn about MySQL?

Where the hell do you think I am going to learn it?

YOU DID!

- Max

skalpa
Re: A Final Question before I go to PhpNuke
  • 2004/4/25 10:16

• skalpa

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/16

These pages may interest you (by the way, when looking for information on the internet, you can use "search engines" like this one. The way to use them is quite easy to understand, but you might want to ask a friend some advice anyway, if you have any).

The world wide web for the clueless.
Dummies: Transferring files with FTP.

Also, most web hosting companies have a section called "FAQ" on their site. It means "Frequently Asked Questions", and contains answers to problems like yours, so ask your hosting company support service if they have one somewhere.

skalpa.>

PS: If you really go to phpNuke: good luck, sincerely .

Dave_L
  • 2004/4/25 10:19

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

I learned all that stuff by reading books, articles on the web, and by practicing using the stuff until I understood how it worked. I practiced by using very simple examples, not complex scripts like CMS's. I asked questions, but not the same question over and over and over again in multiple posts.

But I think you should use phpNuke.

longhair
  • 2004/4/25 10:25

• longhair

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/3/29

I know my CHMODs and FTPs (from researching online as the other posters have suggested), and I've just completed moving all of my PHPNuke based sites over to Xoops.

Some people are strange indeed!

davidl2
  • 2004/4/25 10:27

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Max - theres a heck of a lot of stuff it's advisable to read before tackling installing XOOPS (and even more so PhpNuke!) ... think of it as driving an articulated lorry without first at least being able to find the ignition key.

It may seem daunting - but when the first stages are done (understanding what ftp is and how to use it, file permissions and what they are, and so on) it's a lot easier going.

Good luck whatever you go for.. but please do a little inital reading first, as it will make life a lot easier for you. (The "Dummys" guides are very good - I used a similar one - "Complete Idiots Guide series" myself...)

studioC
  • 2004/4/25 10:28

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/7

hello max100,
don't want to stop your plans to use other cms, but your wanted answers have nothing to do with XOOPS only ... sorry to say that you have to upload phpnuke too. And you have to know how to set chmod and handle your database too. You will find all answers here ... but ... what to say others havn't said ... and tried to give answers they know ?

let your head render this ...

michael

davidl2
  • 2004/4/25 10:34

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

BTW - I still knew very little about MySQL before installing XOOPS (except to create a database via Plesk and to create a username and password) - most of the rest can be learned as you go along.

studioC
  • 2004/4/25 10:54

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/7

ok ... ... mentioned that this is my 100reds post here ... let ME spend this "anniversary" to thank XOOPS community for giving me the knowledge i actually have.

Of course, i had to look at other websites to get informed about specific html, ftp ... and other .. stuff ...

but all knowledge i get about XOOPS ... is XOOPS community ...

if i want to drive a car its not only to read the instruction book of that specific car... hopefully you do have a permission and knowledge to drive

thanks friends..
...its more than XOOPS ..

hyapadi
  • 2004/4/25 10:56

• hyapadi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/31

I was using Phpnuke. And but not now! It got a lot of security hole.( my site was hacked ). And... it`s more difficult ( compare to XOOPS ) when it comes to install/remove modules/block or others add on ( this is my opinion, anyway).

Mithrandir

Judging from your latest posts and the general inability to grasp simple rules like not invade other people's threads with (for them) irrelevant posts or double-posting, I will not cry over you leaving.

I meant it, though, when I said that Mambo might be more suitable for you. It's more user-friendly, but lack flexibility. PHP-Nuke is by far the most difficult CMS to setup, I have ever tried, so good luck.

Login

Who's Online

127 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 127

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits