joeyell
Problems with Publish in home
  • 2004/4/22 22:03

• joeyell

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/4 1

I use 2.0.6

During editing articles whether I set to publish in home or not I always see that they are published in home. I did not have similar problems in 2.0.5. The same is to "Display topic image?".

How can I fix it? I even tried to publish/edit news as Admin (just to be sure that it is not related to permissions) but the problem remains.

JackJ
Re: Problems with Publish in home
  • 2004/4/22 22:32

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

My News module works ok in 2.06, is cache set for your news module? I do know that the article will continue to display if you have news cache switched on.

joeyell
  • 2004/4/26 20:45

• joeyell

• Just popping in

Cache for News is (and was) turned off. I even deleted all files from "templates_c" directory but it seems that problems is in another place. but where?

JackJ
  • 2004/4/26 21:21

• JackJ

joeyell

I don't know what you have tried and not tried. If it was me I would first try updating your news module in system admin-->modules. If no joy you can also overwrite the news module files and then do another news module update.

I have no link to your site, working in the dark, do you have lots of existing articles? There is some "News Clones" around which you can install and run alongside your existing News. If the clone works then it would likely be a database problem. I would try a repair on your database using phpadmin.

To find a news clone just type "news clone" in the XOOPS search.

phpdebug might not show any errors in this instance, but worth having a look. I notice you shifted from windows, this may be related to that.

Last resort is to uninstall News and re-install.

bmmolloy
  • 2004/4/26 21:31

• bmmolloy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/21

Is your XOOPS site set to go to the news module as home, or are you saying that the news articles are publishing on the home page instead of the news module?

If it's the first, you can change it in Administration -> Preferences -> Module for your start page

If it's the second, isn't there a way to save all of your articles and just reinstall the module? You can use the phpmyadmin module to backup the tables you need I think.

JackJ
  • 2004/4/26 21:42

• JackJ

thanks for your assistance bmmolloy..

The news is showing, but sticking.

Appears the user had a previous version of XOOPS and pretty experienced if you study previous posts.

Edit: Nice site you have..:)

bmmolloy
  • 2004/4/26 22:30

• bmmolloy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/21

I wasn't trying to be condescending, I've just noticed a lot or international presence here and want to be clear in my explanations.

I do have a XOOPS site too you know...

JackJ
  • 2004/4/26 22:43

• JackJ

I know that, its dificult to know what users know, and don't know. Previous posts help me.. Yes I know you have xoops, I commented on your nice site?

great to see you around..

joeyell
  • 2004/4/26 22:51

• joeyell

• Just popping in

I am not able to show your my installation since it runs on localhost :) Anyway the problems I was experiencing with was related to News version 1.2 (beta). I went back to News 1.1 and everything works perfectly now.

Thanks for support :)))

JackJ
  • 2004/4/26 22:58

• JackJ

I knew thats what it was really, just testing you joeyell ..:)

Login

Who's Online

202 user(s) are online (170 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 202

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits